Molecule8 The Tick Arthur Everest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
We are delighted to announce that K.A.KIM will again be collaborating with us, and is currently working on the “Arthur Everest” head sculpt for our upcoming figures based on the new, The Tick series.
19399039_452938755076051_4792432291925834229_n.jpg

And the only thing real will be the sculpt. We'll just have to use our imagination for the rest of the figure.

They announce a new figure almost by the day it seems but never actually show a complete prototype of any of them. What gives? :dunno

That's how you know something has really gone wrong over at M8...you get K.A. Kim, arguably the best sculptor working in 1/6 and someone in their upper echelons said..."hmm...lets see...should we have this brilliant artist sculpt the world's first licensed Robert DeNiro action figure in one of his most iconic roles, in inarguably one of the greatest films of all time...a license that figure collectors have been clamoring for for ages...?naaah...lets have her sculpt some guy with glasses from an Amazon.com shown that is the least popular iteration of its source material instead...." No good explanation for that one...

Is Kim not doing the Taxi Driver sculpt then?

I guess I'd be alone in really wanting a Columbo figure. :lol probably too niche.

That's how you know something has really gone wrong over at M8...you get K.A. Kim, arguably the best sculptor working in 1/6 and someone in their upper echelons said..."hmm...lets see...should we have this brilliant artist sculpt the world's first licensed Robert DeNiro action figure in one of his most iconic roles, in inarguably one of the greatest films of all time...a license that figure collectors have been clamoring for for ages...?naaah...lets have her sculpt some guy with glasses from an Amazon.com shown that is the least popular iteration of its source material instead...." No good explanation for that one...

I'm sure the Taxi Driver figure will include the taxi with Scorsese passenger and sound effects.

The likeliest explanation is that they don't have DeNiro's likeness rights.

Calling it now: what if "Molecule8" and all these non-announcement announcements are just some new viral campaign for the new in Abrams' Cloverfield universe

Oh how we'll laugh at ourselves when's it's all revealed to have been a brilliant next-level marketing campaign for a film. Those handful who really pre-ordered will be offered roles in the film as reward. It's genius. Nice one, Bad Robot.

I don't even know what the tick is and at the moment i'm not even motivated to Google it. That is at least four announcements from molecule8 though without a single prototype shown.

He's got a great sense of humor. I hope Molecule 8 can give us a digital rendering of it to include with the figure.

Back