HT Ironman pink panties old issue but...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dollmanron

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know the Hot toys Ironman pink panties thing is an old issue but every time I look at my Ironman collection it pisses me off. My MK3 has it, my Battled Damaged MK3 has it in his waist, my MK4 has it, and my MK6 has it. Luckily my MK7 doesn't have it yet. I've kept them in a closed sun light free and air conditions room since I've had them and it didn't stop it from happening (room stays dark the majority of the time). I know I want be selling them, but in the future when my kids have to try and unload my collection I fear the fading will hurt their re-sale value a lot. Has anyone found a way to stop it from happening or to help it from getting any worse?

412706973.jpg

It sucks but rebuy the new ones, they're better anyway(My IM2 mk6 never faded).

First, I don't think toys are a good investment of you're trying to leave your children something. There is a fix but it's some work, you need to take the legs off, take off the pink panties, repaint, reassemble.

Those figures are going to be made obsolete when their diecast counterparts are released and you are worried about their value when you die?

I've collecting action figures all my life. My kids aren't interested in figures, so when I'm gone they'll be getting rid of everything.

I'd say re-buy the diecast figures. The originals weren't bad, but the diecast figures are leaps and bounds better.

I hope they reveal a diecast 7 soon.. the original isn't cutting it for me anymore.

I know the Hot toys Ironman pink panties thing is an old issue but every time I look at my Ironman collection it pisses me off. My MK3 has it, my Battled Damaged MK3 has it in his waist, my MK4 has it, and my MK6 has it. Luckily my MK7 doesn't have it yet. I've kept them in a closed sun light free and air conditions room since I've had them and it didn't stop it from happening (room stays dark the majority of the time). I know I want be selling them, but in the future when my kids have to try and unload my collection I fear the fading will hurt their re-sale value a lot. Has anyone found a way to stop it from happening or to help it from getting any worse?

Repaint them if you want it to look better on the shelf. At this point most of your collection is already being remade in the diecast line and have likely lost whatever inflated value they ever had already.

If you are worried about them not being pristine and valuable in the distant future you should just sell them all now, these won't last several decades unchanged unless you are keeping them in a vacuum chamber at sub freezing conditions. Plastic will fade and get brittle, rubber will rot, paint breaks down. These aren't made of natural, stable elements. Just the way it is.

You could repaint the rest of the figure pink and no one will notice the pink panties anymore.

Go to YouTube and look up xenomorph pink panty fix. you basically have to strip the paint and then go over it with clear polish. it works and looks good as new. I haven't gotten around to doing mine yet but I will because I'm keeping my mk 4 and have no plan to buy the new one. I keep 1-7 in a hall of armor so the fade doesn't bother me as much

The re-releases in die-cast have already hurt and will hurt the value on the original MK3, 4, 6 releases.
For new collectors, I personally feel like they'll go straight for the new die-cast versions unless the older releases are much cheaper or if they have no idea which one's the new vs old releases.

I wouldn't repaint the undies unless you know what you're doing. It's a wide spread manufacturing issue/defect and similar to the Iron Monger's hip joint crack, I don't feel like your IM's pink undies will hurt the resell value at all.

Back