Hot Toys original Predator v Classic Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really want to pic up a 1/6 Predator but I am wondering which of these two are considered the best figure? The figure pitched as "classic Predator" appears to be from the "Predators" film, not the original '87 SW design, but how different are the two models really and which is closest to the original? Would collectors recommend either of these, or wait to see if a new release might be on the cards?

Classic is hands down superior in every way although it lacks some accessories from the original like the bone necklaces etc. The body build is more updated, modern and sturdy, and proportions are spot-on. The original was too small, and had a slight bobble head effect.

I consider it the quintessential HT Predator figure, and will be the one I'd keep if I could only choose one. The alternate broken mask is also bad-ass.

20170621_220503.jpg
20170621_220541.jpg
20170621_220552.jpg
20170621_220636.jpg

Pick up the Classic for sure and then get in contact with Dano's Customs on Facebook, he makes a kit that you can buy to make the Classic into the Jungle Hunter. I have the mask he makes and am currently waiting on the rest of the kit to be painted/finished. Very affordable too, and top notch, film accurate quality.

I give the chances of Hot Toys even recognizing the 30th Anniversary of Predator at about 2% and them releasing a true Jungle Hunter 2.0 at around .5%.

I'm considering selling my O.G. Predators. I've moved on the the Neca 1/4th scales.
They're not as articulated, but are more sturdy.

I remember the excitement about Hot Toys releasing the P1 at last and making Dutch too. We'd never had a Dutch figure before, NECA have made a few of him since, some of their best figures.

But the Predator...it ended up being disappointing. The mask was way too bulky and stuck out a mile. Plus he was a total midget. Barely any larger than a human figure at all. The Classic is maybe a bit taller? I can't remember, I sold all my Hot Toys Predators.

I remember the excitement about Hot Toys releasing the P1 at last and making Dutch too. We'd never had a Dutch figure before, NECA have made a few of him since, some of their best figures.

But the Predator...it ended up being disappointing. The mask was way too bulky and stuck out a mile. Plus he was a total midget. Barely any larger than a human figure at all. The Classic is maybe a bit taller? I can't remember, I sold all my Hot Toys Predators.

Yeah i remember the excitement about the original Hot Toys Predator and funnily enough i was defending its height when all others were rightfully slating it. I think i got carried away when i watched Knightslade2007s video on him(by the way whatever happened to him? he just disappeared..)

But yeah the original Predator figure now looks laughable by todays standard. Big bobble head and mask, tiny out of proportion skinny legs and arms and of course the height issue. It's not really the Predator is it?. Classic is much better and although it doesn't come with all the accessories from the original Predator its much more faithfully accurate to the original. Heres hoping they make a v2.

Last edited:
so the last HT predator with properly big head is called bobblehead nowadays. tsang won.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the pics. I will see what I can find in the secondary market in the way of the Classic and get in touch with Dano for the embellishments. I am seriously considering switching to 1/6 from 1/4. I just can't keep up with the increasing prices of the 1/4 scale/PF pieces SS offers - $1,899 AU for the upcoming Jungle Hunter maquette and forget about getting the original SW maquette. Also a space issue. Plus I like the idea of being able to customize which 1/6 offers.

9b88e257d853c4e7c0f2f9fd0dab81c5.jpg
fbb66205716212db07434a9fd7a2c134.jpg
f16443d9e8951d0421feb2dd21d85b76.jpg
bcd9b6fbecbd32047052763ba8b2c604.jpg
95e32beafc68b283d0dca292fb4bf6a2.jpg

Last picture is Kyle Windrix ( NECA's lead sculptor ) with his 1/4 scale P1 I painted and modified for him.. the rest of the pics are part of what I did for 1/6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick up the Classic for sure and then get in contact with Dano's Customs on Facebook, he makes a kit that you can buy to make the Classic into the Jungle Hunter. I have the mask he makes and am currently waiting on the rest of the kit to be painted/finished. Very affordable too, and top notch, film accurate quality.

I give the chances of Hot Toys even recognizing the 30th Anniversary of Predator at about 2% and them releasing a true Jungle Hunter 2.0 at around .5%.

Thanx for the shout out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classic all the way, it's less accurate and not really the 87 Pred, but it's a better made and 99.9% of non collectors can't tell the difference.

While the 2.0 have more satisfy proportion look,but the OG still pretty cool IMO if pose proper instead of standing still.

19239661_10211539832243219_132318241_n.jpg

I've seen it used in the movie section aswell. I figured that the O stood for ''Original'' but the G I couldn't understand. At first I thought it was a typo and they meant to say ''OT'' - Original Trilogy - but I was seeing it too often so I then knew it had to be deliberate.

Back