Custom head ideas / recipes for old Sideshow figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCFETT

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone know good headsculpt brands to look up sculpt ideas/recipes for old sideshow figures to make them look better? Recipes to make alternate troops? Know any custom painters who do a great job?

WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED.... we can make a great resource thread to take old figures and make them better.

Ideally I'd like to start a list of great headsculpts that are available to replace our days of old sideshow figures, bring them up to the quality we consider acceptable now. Or some great custom painters who offer repaint services for them.

At least of course until they get redone/re-released by Hot Toys lolz.

The list I have so far would be:

- SSC Rebel Endor figures
Infantry
Pathfinder
Sergeant

- SSC Rebel Fleet trooper
Original "old guy"
Alternate headsculpts for troopers

- SSC Rebel Hoth troopers headsculpts and outfit recipes

- SSC Imperial Admiral Piett
Alternate headsculpts for other grey officers
Grand Moff Tarkin

- SSC Imperial Commander Praji
Alternate headsculpts for other black officers

I think that covers it for now. Let me hear some input! I know I've seen someone post some amazing custom rebel Hoth troopers, don't remember who, but it'd be great to start a list like this with all our resources!

Best,

JC

It's a good idea... let me think on it. But I'm sure some of the super Star Wars customizers would be able to chime in on recommendations.

I do think for the rank and file; usually a good idea is to visit sites like Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety and see if any of the heads offered look like they'd be good material.

As for the more specific characters I'd also like to know more... Antilles is one I'd love to replace.

Here are a few of mine.....

Antilles..Joseph Gordon Levitt.
20170621_181605.jpg

Rebel Trooper....Agent Coulson.
20170621_181539.jpg

Imperial officer...Clive Owen.
20170621_181429.jpg

Imperial officer #2....Ed Harris.
20170621_181504.jpg

I have a few more Troopers that I need upgrade. I'd be curious to see what you guys come up with as well. :)

Couple of Hoth Troopers. One is from Kaustik Gladiator the other is DiD Medic I believe...
20170621_190443.jpg
20170621_190413.jpg

Imperial Security Officer. Michael Caine....
20170621_190339.jpg

Wonderful job Chaka!!

I don't know if I could get over knowing some of these guys look famous haha, but they are all great portraits that play the part.

It's a good idea... let me think on it. But I'm sure some of the super Star Wars customizers would be able to chime in on recommendations.

I do think for the rank and file; usually a good idea is to visit sites like Monkey Depot or Toy Anxiety and see if any of the heads offered look like they'd be good material.

As for the more specific characters I'd also like to know more... Antilles is one I'd love to replace.

Soldier story has great headsculpts as well, very high quality. Readily available on ebay... probably some of those sites as well.

Back