Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmlsuperman

Caped Wonder Stuns City!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I know this video was already posted, but after watching it, it made me remember that the Toys McCoy Indiana Jones was a figure I've always wanted but couldn't afford. After Sideshow and Hot Toys releases, really had no place in the collection. But after watching the video showcasing actor Titus Welliver it reminded me that while it's certainly not the best Indy sculpt and it is from many moons ago, I decided to say screw it and buy one. I heard they were limited to 3000 and while I have no plans on opening the box, it sure looks to display great as a relic of its time. Anyone else own this guy?

Still have my Toys McCoy Indy in the box. Still can't bring myself to open it.

My first "grail" purchase in 1/6 collecting... was seriously overpriced for me at the time.. I think I dropped around $600.. but I was so very intrigued and proud of the purchase.... still a great memory.. I immediately opened mine.. and actually transferred the head and hand pegs to a different body as it is all mounted on what appeared to be a hasbro Joe body... kept the box put away... in the end.. a great piece.. for its time..

I still have mine as well. Opened up the box and cut out a few of the necessities very carefully with a razor blade. I still love this figure. Think I paid $350 in '99 right before the price hit the stratosphere. If I recall, at one point it was fetching close to a grand around the year 2000.

My first "grail" purchase in 1/6 collecting... was seriously overpriced for me at the time.. I think I dropped around $600.. but I was so very intrigued and proud of the purchase.... still a great memory.. I immediately opened mine.. and actually transferred the head and hand pegs to a different body as it is all mounted on what appeared to be a hasbro Joe body... kept the box put away... in the end.. a great piece.. for its time..

It's still a great piece of Indy memorabilia I consider it to be every bit as essential as the Kenner 12"

This was the figure that got me into collecting back in the day. Paid a mint for It too unfortunately.

This was the figure that got me into 1/6 figure collecting as well. I was able to land one for $400 from gofigure.com in Georgia not too long after its initial release. I think a company called Toysoldier or something was putting WWII German and US troop figures on shelves at KB Toys and Target around the same time, so I bought a few Germans for my Indy set-up. Good times...

I got my Toys McCoy Indy around 1999 from New York Toys Toys Toys, an online shop run by Deborah Mohr who would later start In The Past Toys. If memory serves, I paid around the $240 amount, coincidentally is more or less the nominal $ amount for Hot Toys figs today. The stand out factors of this figure over the licensed Indy figures that followed are (1) the extensive use of real leather, and; (2) the durability of the figure, which I think was a modified Classic Collection GI Joe, which could therefore withstand the rigors of “creative posing” that would have left the other Indys with detached hands.

I ended up getting the horse a couple of years later from a toy consignment store in Anaheim for a decent price I remember, but the neighborhood amount, I don’t recall. Circle Homes Studios customized a decent saddle and tack set for me in leather, which was a great replacement for the Marx rubber set that came with the horse (sorry, don't have pics for it). I took them out of the box (I promptly weathered Indy), which of course I kept. Here are pics (the last 2 were taken 18 years ago!):

34648504904_622a33c3f3.jpg

35359072321_36d55d2c75.jpg
34679573393_5f2e28e2c8.jpg

I still have mine. Can't bring myself to take him out of the box. Love the overall presentation.

No reason to take this out of the box. Its a great piece of nostalgia entombed as it came. The box itself is a piece of art. I'd almost like to encase it in plastic and mount it on the wall.

I got mine like many of you -- around 2001 I believe, for about $300 I think (it was a gift to me)... and never opened it.

It's like the ark of the covenant. :lol

Damn, I didn't know about the figure until it had already sold out. Missed the release by a few months. I had 3 total at one point. all were over 500.00 with the first one I bought at 800.00. :cuckoo: Needless to say after selling two (at a profit) I ended up paying around 450.00 to 500.00 for the one I kept. Kind of unrelated but I remember seeing a photo of a life size Toys McCoy Indy at their bike apparel shop many years ago. While this figure hasn't held up very well over the years I remember the time that I was floored when I first saw images of it. Unopened I guess it still looks pretty impressive.

I had 2 figure with the horse at one time. But ends up selling off the set. I still have my original one here.

The fact that real leather was used is cool. I heard the idol has real gold plating.

Mine is out of the box and on display in my screening room. Also have the various Toys McCoy Steve McQueen figures. Toys McCoy was a pioneering company in 1/6 scale.

Nothing about the Relic Hunter was similar to the Toys McCoy. It was it's own release.

I recently pick one up for $175 shipped which I thought was a steal. It’s accessories are all sealed so I won’t open him. I know it’s a close to 20 year old figure but it’s still an impressive sculpt. So much to love about this piece. I’m so shocked A d happy I now own one. Was truly a grail for me. To top it off the guy out of Japan I got him from let me know he also had a Steve McQueen “Cowboy” and if I was interested he’d throw him in with Indy for an extra $65 shipped. Well that “Cowboy” Figure ended up being the Toys McCoy Josh Randall Steve McQueen figure still mint in the box. So he was instantly bought! For $240 I ended up with a Mint in Box Indiana Jones with Sealed Accessories in a Mint Box and a Josh Randall Steve McQueen also never removed from box. Another beautiful piece. I did a short picture review on YouTube of my Indy.

Take care - Jase

https://youtu.be/K09mXzMIUiw

89ef6abbf7dc8f77648f2d44558fd738.jpg
822b385c0dad6e64899bf02d653ffb34.jpg
d7a93bece7da51c37e3b853969ce1fb3.jpg
88e36443ed1469d6940e45e27f9fd7ff.jpg
4a3e3c5a040c9a3d4a7605aa0d7a98fd.jpg
72c499b1b23dc82db0bc6530e0c7b10f.jpg
a1c460454d09fd92fd7ec73638b73f74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice on getting the McCoy into your collection. I would like to get him one day as well. Great deal on that set with the condition and unopened pieces. Congrats. :duff

Nice on getting the McCoy into your collection. I would like to get him one day as well. Great deal on that set with the condition and unopened pieces. Congrats. :duff

I got lucky. The description said it had been opened,but when I received him he was brand new and so was The Josh Randall Steve McQueen. Which is incredible as well. These figures I know aren’t HT type sculpts but they are still outstanding for their time (1999 for Indy) and because of that there is a certain nostalgia about them as well. They are toys, and meant to be but the quality of everything I’ve seen in hand is that these are durable as well. Like these could have been played with in the back yard by a kid and would have come out the other end been none the worst for wear. I don’t think I could say the same thing about any of my other 1/6 figures. The fact that these figures came with multiple hands, COAs, and stands waaaaaaay before such things were considered the norm these guys paved the way and are truly the precursor to the 1/6 scale collectibles we collect today.

I’m honestly of thinking of selling off a few of my pieces to get the McQueen Great Escape and Hunter figures that were also put out by Toys McCoy. Not sure about what their value might be in the years to come but I’m wanting them just because I think they are amazing.

Few pics of the Steve McQueen Josh
8d21ffd7c9b72d2dcf6baffa9ea07fc9.jpg
e9c115d8190469f31bf56e674abcf66f.jpg
426ed06b86870c6642c67e052d89308c.jpg
f333a5bc2d7a05bab57cad5ce5ed280b.jpg
fe6c41bebbafc07be7fa87588c43e187.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back