Batman Returns 25

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posterguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just watched it at my folks on 3x2 meter screen , not like a real cinema but still cool.

Pros :

-Pfeiffer (too bad she never played CW again)
-de Vito (like with Mr Freeze you feel sympathy with him)
-music
-make up
-the penguins
-Alfred
-sets

Cons :

-Walken (just average performance , he's not given that much to do , though)

Happy anniversary, Batman Returns. :fest

Personally it's my favorite Batman movie, but I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about it. I love Pfeiffer, Keaton, and DeVito in it. I thought Walken was fun too. :lol

It's without a doubt the prettiest Batman movie on blu ray, the newer films never looked this inky fresh and eye poppingly detailed. Now here's hoping that the best Batman movie- which came out a year later, will see a release on blu.

Pros:
-Pfeiffer
-de Vito as Cobblepot
-Elfman's music
-some cool make up and FX
-penguins
-sets
-White haired second rate villain Walken
-bittersweet ending

Cons:
-Batman's a murderous maniac
-The Penguin is too OTT
-dumb ass circus gang
-some ugly make up and FX
-way too much penguins
-White haired second rate villain Walken's not given much to do
-cliffhanger

It's a great movie but I still prefer the first Keaton movie over this one. Pfeiffer was the best part of this. Her entire performance was brilliant. Devito did well, but the body suit was ridiculous. Walken phoned in his performance, but it is still in a different league compared to the two Schumacher films.

I love the opening title sequence and when Batman Returns appears on screen with the bats flying towards cam. Beautiful imagery. And yeah, still the best Batman music IMO.

Batman 89 seems to get an almost yearly theatrical re-release (hell it got two in my area last year, once as part of a local Prince tribute and then again as a lead-in to Suicide Squad) but since 1992 I haven't once seen Returns back in theaters. I saw it four or five times during it's initial run but it'd be fun to see on the big screen again.

I still remember it being the first movie to debut Dolby Digital with that awesome train demo echoing all across the auditorium at the beginning.

Memba the McDonald's toys?

This one was my favorite :D

qqMxozu.jpg

do you still have anything from that time?

No, that was the summer I graduated high school and was gearing up to play football at Pacific Lutheran University in the fall. I didn't collect anything at that time. I have no idea what became of those McD's cups, I probably left them in my mom and stepdad's cupboard or something.

I remember lovin' Catwoman and Walken yet hatin' Batman and the Penguin.
Thank God BTAS was there to calm me down.

Wowza, that is some awesome news.

BTAS next please? :pray:

Too bad the special features are non existent, I would have liked a feature about the process of scanning old strips to uprez them.

McDonald's had some good toys in the 90's. The Flintstones toys and glass mugs were so cool. I still have the mugs. Batman Forever had some nice glass mugs too.

Memba the Wild Wild West sunglasses at burger king?

Back