Drax or Picard?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthkush

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know. Weird question. I'm in a bit of a financial crunch. I'm flexing both of these figures right now at sideshow. Well, there's 3 really. I also have the khaleesi from Game of Thrones but I pushed her payments back a month. Drax and Picard are pushed back as far as they can go. My phone was messed up so I had to buy a new phone so now I can only afford to keep paying on one of these. Who should I keep? Capt. Picard is probably gonna be the only version of him we get for a VERY long time....but the stain issues. Drax is awesome but kind of a bland looking figure and too small AND there might be a volume 2 version or Infinity War version. Given how long this one took to come out, that might be a LONG wait. Just not sure what to do. I have a Rocket ready to go with Drax.....but I have Kirk and Spock who can have time travelling photo adventures with Picard. and probably my toys era Cyclops too lol.

So...who should I pick?

If you are strapped, Picard. I imagine there will be more Drax figures offered later on but not many high en Picards.

Do you have all the other Guardians? I can't say enough about how much having a Drax pulls the display together.

If you skipped any of the other Guardians, though, the effect isn't as good. Go with Picard. Drax isn't great on his own.

Picard will still have a place on your shelf 10-20 years in the future. Drax? I'm not so sure. Khaleesi. . .maybe. But the stain issue is noteworthy, as is the oddly proportioned head vs. body/outfit.

I'm leaning towards Picard now. My final idea is to call sideshow early next week and see if they'll push back Drax one more time. They've done that for me before but it might be one time too many. I asked them to do that for Yoda this past fall and said no cause they've done it twice before for me. Ended up having to cancel him. I reordered him later and now I have him. So no matter what its possible for this to work out

Go for Picard, sales of him will influence whether we get more TNG figures. HT will put out several variants of Drax, Picard will probably get just one. I put mine on a Wolf King body, so his head looks in proportion.

I went with Picard. Cancelled Drax today. Hope SDCC reveals another Drax though. I'd hate it if this was my only shot at him. On the bright side, I look forward to having earl grey with Jean Luc sometime this July after making my final payment.

Good choice, there will be many more opportunities to pick up Drax later. You could probably pick one up for less than retail.

Yeah, either way you went I'm sure you'd be able to pick up the other without too much difficulty! Picard is a nice standalone piece. I don't have that one, but I'm sure if he's as nice as the QMX TOS figures you'll like him a lot.

If you only have Rocket, then go for Picard.

Drax needs the rest of his entire team to look good. Picard is fine on his own.

Back