What new STAR WARS HOT TOYS 1/6 & 1/4 Figures will we see at SDCC 17...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmsceb

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Last year I thought we'd see R2 & 3PO and a Snowtrooper from Hot Toys. Couldn't believe I was correct about those 3 when I walked up to the Sideshow booth last year. However, NEVER would have guessed a Gonk droid!

I figure we'll see the protos for Jedi Luke and The Emperor. Besides that, I'm guessing a 1/6 Bespin Lando & Biker Scout. Curious what others are thinking/hoping for since SDCC isn't too far away...:clap

That would be insane! All instant preorders. Where did you hear that?

4 must haves and the chance to add a rebel Hoth soldier would be amazing.

The Tusken I can skip on as I have the sideshow.

I still want Gonk, Royal Guard, Death Star Trooper and Baze.

Expensive.

Hoping for one last RO shot with a Cassian reveal (at last) and possibly a Krennic. Any OT reveal will be welcome though their iconic status almost guarantee a release sooner or later.
Crossing fingers for a few TLJ prototypes to be revealed there as well.

Hoping for one last RO shot with a Cassian reveal (at last) and possibly a Krennic. Any OT reveal will be welcome though their iconic status almost guarantee a release sooner or later.
Crossing fingers for a few TLJ prototypes to be revealed their as well.

With you there on that one Tee-Kay. Really hoping for a Cassian and Krennic reveal to round out the Rogue One main characters. Oh and Baze will probably be shown as well. Really outside chance would be Edrio 2-Tubes. Man he would be cool to have !!!

Am guessing a couple more ESB classics as well, plus the others which have already been teased. Emperor, Imperial Guard etc. Not sure why they were jumping straight to ROTJ Luke and Emperor etc ?? Maybe the ESB line won't be as big as ANH.

Jedi Luke
Emperor
Bespin Lando
Tusken Raider
Greedo
Hoth Rebel Soldier

That's what I've heard.

Yes, Greedo would be very welcome! I'd love to see Krennic, and I feel it's a last chance reveal for RO figures. I think it's too early to see anything from TLJ, but it'd be great to see at least one character

With you there on that one Tee-Kay. Really hoping for a Cassian and Krennic reveal to round out the Rogue One main characters. Oh and Baze will probably be shown as well. Really outside chance would be Edrio 2-Tubes. Man he would be cool to have !!!

Am guessing a couple more ESB classics as well, plus the others which have already been teased. Emperor, Imperial Guard etc. Not sure why they were jumping straight to ROTJ Luke and Emperor etc ?? Maybe the ESB line won't be as big as ANH.

I think they skipped the remaining ESB cast as Sideshow versions are still "fresh". They'll probably return with Bespin versions of Han, Leia, Vader and an updated Luke later on.

I think they skipped the remaining ESB cast as Sideshow versions are still "fresh". They'll probably return with Bespin versions of Han, Leia, Vader and an updated Luke later on.

Yes, that sounds feasible to me. I'm one of those who decided not to pre-order the Snowspeeder Luke, and now it's no longer available. I'm OK to wait for the HT version, even if a couple of years away. No doubt they'll do their homework and do a deluxe and add all the stuff Sideshow didn't do (grappling gun, holster strap etc etc).

With the Han Solo movie coming up they may just tease an ESB Lando. But of course that could also be left until closer to the film itself. Hype for Lando would probably pretty big with that movie release no doubt.

Also agree with the thought that this is Rogue One's last shot. Am just really hoping they preview Krennic and Cassian with Baze etc.

SDCC is just a month away. Can't come soon enough !

On here? Almost certainly the former, even if it's claimed to be the latter.

Exactly ! Anyone posting a comment like that with no followup comment or proof is just sitting at home laughing at everyone who asks, "is that real", "where did you hear that"......

Tusken Raider
Greedo

That's what I've heard.

Really? That would be amazing... but HT so far has given no indication it is moving into "aliens" from the Star Wars universe. Yoda yes, but not too many 3rd tier alien characters unless they're troopers.

I'd like to see a Luke Skywalker X-wing... but with Jedi Luke a definite I assume X-wing Luke will have to wait until October (marketing surge for TLJ) or perhaps next year's SDCC.

There is a Hot Toys video from February where you can spy the photo reference for Tusken and Greedo pinned up at a workstation. I will try to find the link unless you beat me to it. Luke and Emperor were already part revealed a month or so ago. Lando was brought up a bunch of times already.

Back