temperature for figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobTheCollector

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello! I'm fairly new to collecting and just had a question regarding what temperature i should keep my collection room set to? Currently it ranges from 72-74 degrees. With a dehumidifier running in there at all times and no direct sunlight.

Thanks!

Hello! I'm fairly new to collecting and just had a question regarding what temperature i should keep my collection room set to? Currently it ranges from 72-74 degrees. With a dehumidifier running in there at all times and no direct sunlight.

Thanks!
That is about perfect temp, but what is your humidity level? A dehumidifier running all the time might not be good for them unless you have an otherwise damp room.

Thanks!

Really?

I keep my place around 78, and never any problems. No dehumidifier.

I think you'll be fine. And honestly, try not to lose sleep over it. I've been there. Not worth it, in hindsight. The biggest things are avoiding direct sunlight, but most current window installments have UV protection.

HRAgsfc.gif

humidity is best around 50-60%. rubber don't like it too dry, if not the liquid inside the rubber will escape to the surface and the rubber will become harden'ed & dried out, which result in cracking & brittleness. which includes some soft plastic.

too much humidity, humid might go into the rubber, and when the air dries up, will escape, this might mean weakened material as humid expands the rubber and shrinks when escape.

just get a hygrometer and put it in the cabinet. there's many choices, some are as cheap as $1.50, if you want the digital version with temperature/humidity/time/date & even rain prediction, you can get 1 for $10.

generally you don't want temperature to be too high or low, applies to all materials including diecasts. Too high, things start to melt, disintegrate, expand, too cold things starts to shrink & crack, and paint starts to crack & come off on diecasts as they expand/shrink.

also, room humidity & temperature doesn't always translate to the humidity & temp inside the cabinet or boxes as heat/humid tends to get trapped inside especially if you dust proof your cabinets.

humidity is best around 50-60%. rubber don't like it too dry, if not the liquid inside the rubber will escape to the surface and the rubber will become harden'ed & dried out, which result in cracking & brittleness. which includes some soft plastic.

too much humidity, humid might go into the rubber, and when the air dries up, will escape, this might mean weakened material as humid expands the rubber and shrinks when escape.

just get a hygrometer and put it in the cabinet. there's many choices, some are as cheap as $1.50, if you want the digital version with temperature/humidity/time/date & even rain prediction, you can get 1 for $10.

generally you don't want temperature to be too high or low, applies to all materials including diecasts. Too high, things start to melt, disintegrate, expand, too cold things starts to shrink & crack, and paint starts to crack & come off on diecasts as they expand/shrink.

also, room humidity & temperature doesn't always translate to the humidity & temp inside the cabinet or boxes as heat/humid tends to get trapped inside especially if you dust proof your cabinets.
You are not going to find a hygrometer worth a damn for $1.50:lol

Back