Prop Lifesize Scissorhands Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stampe

Super Freak
Reaction score
This looks promising

prop.jpg

link: https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16595

This was a no hesitation purchase for me. Someone had the screen used hands mounted and displayed just like this and I love that they used the same idea for these. This a beautiful piece

I really do like it but $800! Ouch! Might wait until Black Friday and hopefully they will put this on a big sale. In related news.... the 1/4 scale should be shipping this month.

Very cool, although it would be cooler if they bottom half was material... wonder how feasible it would be to make a wearable replica as opposed to this fully sculpted one?

Very cool, although it would be cooler if they bottom half was material... wonder how feasible it would be to make a wearable replica as opposed to this fully sculpted one?

I am more interested in a display piece than a wearable. I think the material for the arms is a good call for the long haul. I would rather have it be Poly stone than worry about vinyl rot later. I do love that they modeled these after a display that was created for the screen used props.

I really do like it but $800! Ouch! Might wait until Black Friday and hopefully they will put this on a big sale. In related news.... the 1/4 scale should be shipping this month.

I think that's a good idea. Although I'm all about mix media so I'm a bit put off that it is all fully sculpted. I think something like this should have been done with fabric and a two hand holder for them, but that's just me. They look great though for anyone getting them.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that's a good idea. Although I'm all about mix media so I'm a bit put off that it is all fully sculpted. I think something like this should have been done with fabric and a two hand holder for them, but that's just me. They look great though for anyone getting them.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It says mixed media in the product description so I imagine some things like the straps will be a leather type material

It says mixed media in the product description so I imagine some things like the straps will be a leather type material

Yeah it would be interesting to see what their mixed media consist of although the pictures on their website appear that the whole thing is sculpted including the straps. They said the same thing on the Slimer statue and I can assure you their is nothing mixed media on that statue at all. Still a great Collectible and nobody else is doing these gloves so it's a nice pick up for anyone, with little to no mixed media on it.

[emoji868]
Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen surprisingly few (zero) in depth reviews for these hands which have apparently been out more than a year? Which is a shame.

I will say as somebody who has studied the film hands extensively that these are an overall poor replica. "Every inch of this elaborate replica has been painstakingly recreated and detailed with incredible accuracy." Ho ho - They hit the main shapes very broadly - which is plenty for some - but grossly simplify the cuffs, details (like palms and hand backs) and paint work. The bulk is missing - too thin and geometric. It though they only had DVD grabs to use as reference and didn't pay great attention to those. I'd be pretty upset if I bought these out of excitement and then compared them to the film.

I'm not surprised they're not wearable though - the liability and damage complaints from giving the general public 16" bladelike fingers? And making a dozen workable micro joints for the spidery 'bone' attachments?

^^Also those hands in the Youtube vid are Winston studio pulls from the original molds - cuffs are poor replicas and paintwork is again not good compared to the originals.

Back