McFarlane Toys STRANGER THINGS 7-inch figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morphosis

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am not sure if this was posted anywhere, but I am excited!!!! :) Can't wait for these!!!! :)

https://news.toyark.com/2017/06/11/stranger-things-7-inch-figures-coming-mcfarlane-toys-255587

Stranger-Things-McFarlane-Preview.jpg

I watched the show the weekend it debuted. I liked it. I thought "Hm. That was fun." and then I went on with my life.

Over the following weeks the internet seemed to lose its mind over the series. I didn't get it. Still don't. It was an OK show. But the way it's been elevated into the top echelons of pop culture baffles me. Especially Barb. She was a pudgy kinda gross looking chick. She was cannon fodder. That's all she was meant to be. And now people have tattoos of her. I don't get people.

I watched the show before all the hype and allowed myself to discover the 80’s movies vibe (not coworkers). From the first episode I thought “So this is one of those season long mysteries to see what happened to the boy?” Show is way overrated!!! I might need to watch again to give it another chance!

PS….creature design wasn't too exciting

I was hyped for the show before it came out. I exceeded my expectations... I loved it. I really look forward to seeing what they do with the next season. Mcfarlane will do an amazing job on these figs.

I really enjoyed the show. I preordered both at BBTS; I'll see what they actually look like once we get some real pics.

Man, just when I've gotten out of seven inch figures. This may pull me back in.

I'm really excited about this. I really loved Stranger Things but wondered if I'd really splurge in a bigger scale, but 7" figures are the perfect medium. Definitely in for this.

I watched the show the weekend it debuted. I liked it. I thought "Hm. That was fun." and then I went on with my life.

Over the following weeks the internet seemed to lose its mind over the series. I didn't get it. Still don't. It was an OK show. But the way it's been elevated into the top echelons of pop culture baffles me. Especially Barb. She was a pudgy kinda gross looking chick. She was cannon fodder. That's all she was meant to be. And now people have tattoos of her. I don't get people.

Watch it again, you may "get" it.

I thought the show was decent and I enjoyed it. However, it purposely made an effort to play on eighties nostalgia. Sometimes so much so it blatantly ripped off movies like Firestarter and Aliens. I think people bought it and that's how it reach epic pop culture status. The Barb thing, yeah, I don't get that either. lol

I never said I didn't like it or didn't "get" it. I was a kid in the 80s. I was very aware of all the references. I think my favorite parts were the Stephen King style logo and the Speilberg-esque movie poster.

I thought it was a decent little show. I just don't understand the hysteria that developed over it last summer. Particularly with the tumblr crowd who were certainly not even alive in the 80s.

Eh, who knows. I remember when I was in high school in the 90s that some kids were really fascinated with 70s pop culture. But there was no social media back then so people didn't have tumblr shrines to Jan Brady.

Loved the show, like the figures. I don't know if I'd be all in on the line, but I may at least pick up Eleven.

So Lucas, Dustin, and the Demogorgon and available for pre-order but don't come out until April, yet 11 and Hopper come out next month and no pre-orders. ToyWiz is the only place I can find that has them, but wtf wants to buy from them.

They're coming to Target. No word on whether they're part of the Stranger Things 'Exclusive to Target' line or not, but that'd be a pretty stupid thing to do.

So Lucas, Dustin, and the Demogorgon and available for pre-order but don't come out until April, yet 11 and Hopper come out next month and no pre-orders. ToyWiz is the only place I can find that has them, but wtf wants to buy from them.

BBTS has them all up for preorder.

BBTS has them all up for preorder.

McFarlane has Series 2 (Lucas, Dustin, and the Demogorgon) available to pre-order. The Series 1 pre-order for Eleven and Hopper was pulled and no one knows why... Except maybe Target. :rolleyes2

McFarlane has Series 2 (Lucas, Dustin, and the Demogorgon) available to pre-order. The Series 1 pre-order for Eleven and Hopper was pulled and no one knows why... Except maybe Target. :rolleyes2

Oh that's odd. I still have the on preorder, but yeah the links go nowhere. I guess I'll see what happens in November.

Back