Media ANTHEM (Bioware's co-op game)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIDDICK

Super Freak
Reaction score

. . .

I'm a bit excited. Mostly because the gameplay felt like an Exo-Squad game... which is awesome. :lol
Here's hope it's a decent one.
I do wish the designs weren't so modern tho...

That... doesn't look like the kind of game I like Bioware making. Still, it's early, and there's not much info in the early trailer. I'm sure we'll learn more at E3. I'll hold off judgement until then.

It looks great--I think the RPG and story elements just weren't highlighted in the video but I don't doubt that they will have that Bioware story in there somewhere.

I just hope it isn't like destiny where you can play solo but it's super tough and you're more expected to play with others or it's gonna be a bad time.

Gameplay was shown an hour ago.
Hard to make out what it is outside of the MMOTPS-like section.

Hah, I was just looking at the date thinking that there was something I'd forgotten about today. The gameplay looks fine, but it's really not playing to Bioware's strengths, and kind of just looks like a Destiny knockoff. I liked Destiny and all, but I'm not sure if I want it made by Bioware's instead of Bungee.

That... doesn't look like the kind of game I like Bioware making. Still, it's early, and there's not much info in the early trailer. I'm sure we'll learn more at E3. I'll hold off judgement until then.

The Bioware that made the Mass Effect Trilogy is gone and exist in name only.
There is only EA now.

Whoever is using the name now to make this new game, it looks pretty good!

I just hope it isn't like destiny where you can play solo but it's super tough and you're more expected to play with others or it's gonna be a bad time.

Destiny you can play through the story and the vast majority of content by yourself, just not the hardest level strikes or the raids

After the great destiny blunder I'm never trusting anything that looks this good again.

The lead writer of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, and an important figure in the development of Anthem, has left BioWare. Again. Drew Karpyshyn had worked for BioWare for 12 years before departing for the first time in 2012 (after which he did a trio of original fantasy novels) though he rejoined for what would prove to be a much shorter stint in 2015.
. . .

So has anyone been involved with the Alpha and Demo weekends they did? I played both, Alpha was fun but very limited and the Demo had much more content but holy crap was it a nightmare to get into ANY game, but once you did the game was fun as hell, probably the closest to an Iron Man simulator in a video game. I ended up making my set of armors based on iron man and war machine suits, really is a fun game when it works.

There's an open demo weekend starting tomorrow if you want to try it out

Honestly can't wait to get home tonight and give this another try. Hopefully the loading issues have been solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the combat is well done and has a good look and feel. Not too enthused about the universe from the getgo. The environments look nice but you're expecting something like mass effect don't. It has a story, but it's not story driven, it's more for the gameplay then anything else.

I like the game, but it wasn't a good demo, didn't do a good job introducing you to the game and I think that there's still a significant amount of bugs, EA is probably pushing this out too soon.

I do think though that if people are expecting it to be like Destiny they will be disappointed, it's more like taking Dragon Age Inquisition and making the gameplay outside of the castle as multiplayer.

Back