What do you think of the new BBTS website - structure & terms?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavy Metal Spike

A total smeee heeeee
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Vancouver Canada (ex-pat UK Birmingham & Scotland)
Went live today.

Have to say, so far, I'm not impressed.

The way they have structured it is way less easy to view, preorders are split in a way that is unhelpful and badly sequenced, and they've changed the POL storage from 180 to 90 days - that'll cost International customers!

They say they will be making further changes, so hope they take customer feedback onboard.

How do the rest of you feel about the changes?

Too much graphics. Harder to find what Im looking for. 90 days now for POL? That sucks!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rarely have I seen customers happy when a company re-designs their site.

It's kinda funny. I was part of the site re-design for my company and we put over a year's worth of work into making something with way more functionality. The whole "responsive design" re-work. Customers were pissed. They'd prefer their old site, built in tables, that looked like crap. Just because it's familiar. People hate change.

No big deal on my end. I never use much outside of the search function. The pile of loot date being cut down sucks though.

It's kinda funny. I was part of the site re-design for my company and we put over a year's worth of work into making something with way more functionality. The whole "responsive design" re-work. Customers were pissed. They'd prefer their old site, built in tables, that looked like crap. Just because it's familiar. People hate change.

I can agree with all of this (I'll take you at your word about your redesign :) ) - but what do you think about THESE changes bro'?

It was far easier to find everything, especially the past pre-orders. I reckon they will lose sales on items that are not immediately pre-ordered and on the first page. Living in Australia, the 90 day pile of loot is far to short a period when you need to wait for multiple items to pile up to make shipping cost effective. It may limit my shopping from the site, I have around 12 items pre-ordered, which I will need to review now, especially as companies like Hit Toys release dates are so liquid.

They need to improve the new preorders page. I use that a lot. Other than that, seems fine. I never used the whole 180 days, so that doesn't bother me.

If it aint broke, then its time to fix it. Add BBTS to the rest of the idiot companies.

https://youtu.be/XU3qfDtWFmk

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I liked going on before and seeing all the major new preorders and new releases all on the same page. There I'd see items I didn't even know was coming out. Now it seems like you have to be aware of items.

I liked going on before and seeing all the major new preorders and new releases all on the same page. There I'd see items I didn't even know was coming out. Now it seems like you have to be aware of items.
Same sentiment. Even the discounted items was so easy to see. I did not see them now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If it aint broke, then its time to fix it. Add BBTS to the rest of the idiot companies.

this...the website was perfectly fine...

Does anybody know how to cancel pre-orders???? I try to and it won't let me

View preorders, edit details, enter 1 as qty to cancel, continue to next step, submit changes.

I did that

and it says "Something went wrong during order submission - A shipping method must be selected when pre-order items are not sent to the Pile of Loot"

Have you successfully cancelled an order??

That sounds like a bug. You should probably contact them and let them know the exact steps you took and the exact error.

I've never seen a website launch without SOME issue :dunno

I did that

and it says "Something went wrong during order submission - A shipping method must be selected when pre-order items are not sent to the Pile of Loot"

Have you successfully cancelled an order??
I just did when you posted.

They need to fix their default sort to get newer items to the top (at least in mobile), but I think it looks great.

Back