1/6 Custom Pote Snitkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cagoda

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hola! I just wanted to share with the board progress on my custom Pote Snitkin.

This is my first attempt at sculpting, seeing what Hot Toys produces and other custom works has made me *super jealous* and want to learn. I figured this would be a good place to help because I know some members are super nitpicky with sculpts so criticism can help me improve! :lol

I couldn't find many reference pics but I tried to get close to matching with low res ones I did find. I started with sculpting a base human head in regular Super Sculpey; baked it, than sculpted the hard Sculpey on top. With my limited skills I figured this could help with matching the effect of a human in a mask. These pics are of the baked result so far.
I still have a lot of work to do but my next step will be to learn how to cast in wax so I can add more details, texture, and make any changes. Progress is slow but I eventually want to make a full custom figure.

I do think it looks better in person than zoomed up close (like the Hot Toys Yoda:lol) but any comments are appreciated! PoteSnitkin1.jpgPoteSnitkin3.jpgPoteSnitkin2.jpgPoteS1.jpgPoteS2.jpgPoteS3.jpgPoteS4.jpgPoteS5.jpgPoteSnitkinRef.jpg

Looks very good so far... And I think you can definitely add more detail even just using the sculpey.

And not sure if you're using any kind of medium to smooth it out or not; but a bit of water on a brush or even rubbing alcohol can really help give the sculpy a more refined appearance. But great work, look forward to seeing more of your stuff :duff

Looks very good so far... And I think you can definitely add more detail even just using the sculpey.

And not sure if you're using any kind of medium to smooth it out or not; but a bit of water on a brush or even rubbing alcohol can really help give the sculpy a more refined appearance. But great work, look forward to seeing more of your stuff :duff

Thanks! I used turpentine substitute with a brush to somewhat refine before I baked it. But since I need to refine more do you know if it would work post-baking when the Sculpey is hard? If not, that's where my wax cast can help hopefully.

I have a lot to learn :google

Wow to be honest it looks amazing for being your first one !!

As galacticboy says, you can use rubbing alcohol before baking to smoothen. That was one of my mistakes when I first made a sculpt. I didn´t even know I could do that with alcohol ! :p

I think once it's baked you're stuck with sanding as a means to smooth it out. But I think you can leave it unbaked for a long time before it becomes an issue of getting dried out.

Haha so many tips and tricks I have to learn. Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it. Now I gotta figure out how to make a wax cast so I can keep refining since it's baked haha.

Re: 1/6 Custom Pote Snitkin and Tessek

Thanks everyone for the kind words and input! I really appreciate it.

I'm waiting on a few things to move forward with Pote Snitkin, but in the meantime I started on a Tessek so I though I'd share. Still lots more work to do but I like my progress so far!unnamed-2.jpgunnamed-3.jpgunnamed-4.jpg

Thanks everyone! I made some more progress, I'll upload pics when I can

Slowly but surely I'm making progress! I bought a HT Boba Fett body off Toy Anxiety for Pote and padded it since he's kind of a chunky monkey.

unnamed-2.jpg

oh yeah he is a brute of a character that`s for sure. good job with pote so far. so how will you go about doing his outfit.

Haha thank you! I'm just going to do a trial and error on his clothing. I bought the appropriate colors/material for his outfit, now I just have to learn sewing and tailoring lol

Back