I'm not dead... just kinda retired

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks.. have not been around much (obviously) as I just checked in here and had a slew of PMs and it was much easier to answer on the board to all as opposed to try and answer all the individual messages.. So I started making these belts and whips soon after the first Sideshow Indy releases.. So that was back around 2007 ? ( I think) I honestly wish I had kept count of exactly how many belts, whips and holsters I made over these past ten years.. I do know that I have sent them out to well over a dozen different countries.. which is kinda cool to consider as I in no way consider myself an artist.. just a hobbyist... Regardless.. As most know I am a police sergeant with the Metro Nashville Police Dept in Nashville, TN... (if you are bored / curious.. here's one of the recent interviews I did for local news :

https://wkrn.com/2017/03/17/officer-who-helped-save-mcferrin-community-center-shooting-victim-speaks/

I have been in community affairs the last few years as it was more agreeable for me as a single parent as opposed to working patrol with its inconvenient shifts and spotty days off / working holidays etc.. Its just me and my two small kids at home so I fly completely solo. Anyway.. The point is that I have honestly been running 90 MPH these last few months.. The custom 007 SPECTRE figure I started for myself about 7 months ago.. nowhere close to finished... In all honesty it has been probably about 4 or 5 years since I did any projects for my own collection.. Any and all free time I had for hobby stuff was spent making Indy gear - which admittedly - was a genuine passion.. I have sincerely enjoyed the positivity that endeavor has brought over all these years... The best part is that in ten years time.. I never once sold a belt / holster / whip and had any negative feedback from anyone as to the quality.. I have had excellent constructive criticism over time which allowed me to tweak designs and get better at it.. But everyone seemed pleased.. (now watch folks come out of the woodwork to say ... welllllll, I thought your holsters sucked :lol )
AT this point in time I have simply gone on a forced hiatus from custom work, as I simply had to... I just did not have the time to work on stuff very often.. As Nashville has grown my commute time has pretty much doubled due to the traffic increase.. Some days it is approx 1.5 hours each way.. What I am getting at is that between police work and single parenting.. I am just tired... I would love to make some more sets at some point... However, if I am able to get a free day here or there I will likely just make a handful of sets and sell them outright as I just cannot take orders and then be under a time crunch to turn the sets out for delivery... In the event I am able to build a few for those looking for one, I will post here to advise... But.. It may not be for a while... I have tinkered with the idea of taking a long weekend to just play in my shop - as I honestly have not been able to do ANY hobby work for so long I cannot even remember when the last time was...
Just wanted to throw that out here... I apologize for the extended absence and the lack of responses to PM's and the occasional emails.. I may resurface at some point though :wink1:

Brother I love the wrestling leather belt you did for me, really hope to get another one from you one day.

Enjoy your time off. :wave

And when your ready, you come back and take my money. :lol

You have earned the rest but My Temple of Doom Indy awaits your return. Thanks for everything you have done Mike.

I'll find the time to knock out some stuff at some point... I just wanted to ensure that everyone knew I had not flaked out and disappeared.. I sincerely appreciate the kind words of encouragement.. And wish you all well ! I'll eventually resurface.. (But I really want to work on those Bond figures too ! :) )

Nice of you to let us know what’s going on with you!

I never did buy a set from you, but I always admired and lusted after the sets I would see posted on the board! It was beautiful work!

Enjoy your retirement. Your kids and your very important job have to come first. I hope you get a little time to enjoy 1/6 collecting and work on your Spectre custom.

James-Bond-Cheers.gif

Thanks for a great service, Mike. Spend some time on yourself for now.

I have one belt, two holsters and 3 whips of yours and my Indy collection would not be the same without them :clap

So that's what you look like! [emoji12]. I have like 6 full sets and was in need for one more rotla whip. Guess i'll just need to wait.

Thanks for all of your great service. Take some rest bro!

I was worried that you were done with making indy gear. But i understand that your going to be busy with life. I was hoping to get a raiders whip also. But with time, we will see your work again. Thanks for giving us all the awesome gear. Get some much needed rest bro.

Back