Media Playstation Store Capcom sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karamazov80

Ham and Egger
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Many of you probably know this, but there is a big sale on downloadable Capcom games on the Playstation store, that ends today. They have stuff for various systems, but being a PS3 owner, I got the HD remix of Street Fighter 2 for $2.50 (the best part about the $40 game out now for the Switch), an HD upgraded version of the Gamecube update of Resident Evil 1 for $8, 3 HD upgraded PS2 Devil May Cry games for $5, and Street Fighter X Tekken for $4. Great deals across the board. I strongly considered some others, but I'm sure I won't even be able to give these games the time they deserve. The HD-ified SF2 works way better than I thought it would, just watching Youtube videos.

It's not good? Reviews were pretty high. I enjoyed the Gamecube version.

Sorry, I meant anyone who just hasn't played REmake itself, regardless of the platform. :lol The remasters on both PS3 and PS4 are pretty darn good, definitely worth the upgrade if you can't hook up that GC anymore.

Anyway, have you beat it?

My bad, I thought you mentioning the price was suggesting it was too expensive. I did on GameCube about 15 years ago. I just downloaded it last night and will hopefully have some time to play it in the next week when I'm out of town.

I could still play my old one on the Wii, but I like having it on the console I use the most often for watching television and DVDs plus the wireless controller is nice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Dammit, Kara, now I'm going to have to spend some money.

Is there a particular time this sale ends?

I was actually looking for that last night when I saw it ended Monday (to make sure it wasn't midnight on Sunday), and didn't see anything.

Being primarily a PC gamer, I'm surprised that Steam didn't have a Capcom sale, too, as they sometimes price match whatever's going on the PSN store. Regardless, I'll check this up when I get home (at least I'll be able to put some added use into my PS3 :lol).

I mean, Street Fighter 2 for $2.50 is a no brainer, as is Street Fighter X Tekken (I never bought the physical copy, but $4?. Sold). I still have my Gamecube copy of REMake, but I'm tempted as well, as I am with the DMC series...

Do you know if Capcom DLC is on sale, too? At work now, and I can't check...

You can see it on their website. Some DLC stuff is, like extra outfits on RE 0, map packs from some games, etc. By the way, some of the old PS1 games like Dino Crisis and RE3 are dirt cheap. Around a dollar.

Man, there were a lot of good deals. Only picked up Ultra Street Fighter IV on my PS4...was heavily contemplating picking up Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, but I already have the original game for my PS3. The only SFV DLC available was the Season One pass for $9.99, but I already bought that a few months ago for $19.99....although I had a $10 PSN credit, so that's a wash.

For PS3, I wanted to get SF X Tekken, Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow of Mystara, Dino Crisis 2, and the Devil May Cry HD Collection, but didn't get around to getting them before I went to bed last night.

Hopefully Capcom will make this sale an annual thing.

Last edited:
I never gotten to try SF X Tekken, I'm still waiting for the Tekken X SF game which supposed to use the Tekken style instead.

I've been playing the heck out of the HD SF2. It somehow freshens up the game significantly, and makes it more fun. I just beat arcade mode with Ken after many frustrating fights along the way. T. Hawk was a ***** to get through!

Man, there were a lot of good deals. Only picked up Ultra Street Fighter IV on my PS4...was heavily contemplating picking up Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, but I already have the original game for my PS3. The only SFV DLC available was the Season One pass for $9.99, but I already bought that a few months ago for $19.99....although I had a $10 PSN credit, so that's a wash.

For PS3, I wanted to get SF X Tekken, Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow of Mystara, Dino Crisis 2, and the Devil May Cry HD Collection, but didn't get around to getting them before I went to bed last night.

Hopefully Capcom will make this sale an annual thing.

Apparently they had one last year, so this could be the case. Capcom is probably my favorite game manufacturer (just slightly ahead of Nintendo and SNK), so this is definitely welcome.

I hope so. I have two separate PSN accounts on my PS4 and PS3...my original account was tied to a work email at an employer I thought I'd retire with, then left. My PS3 is set to auto-sign in every time I log on but I can't reset the password since I no longer have access to that email address, so I wasn't able to make purchases via the website to download (can't access the PSN website at work anyways...).

Yeah, Capcom is probably my favorite, too. I'm still crossing my fingers and wishing for a new Darkstalkers/Vampire Hunter game in the art style of SFV.

Back