Cinemaquette Presents Manticore

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This piece has huge shock value and lasting impression. This would truly unnerve me in person I think and would not be able to stop looking at it. I think that is what the creators were going for?

There are a lot of beautiful statues coming out ...and they are quite expensive. There is no way I would even consider spending money on something like this when I need that money for those beautiful statues. Huge shock value or not ...this is just not my cup of tea. Yikes!

There are a lot of beautiful statues coming out ...and they are quite expensive. There is no way I would even consider spending money on something like this when I need that money for those beautiful statues. Huge shock value or not ...this is just not my cup of tea. Yikes!

The backstory of these silent, gentle creatures is well developed:

MANTICORE

With the body of a monkey, the venomous tail of a scorpion, bat-like wings, and an elder human face, Manticore was described as an evil predator in Persian legend, similar to the Egyptian Sphinx.

The ancient Manticores were found in the stagnant forests of the old world. Nowadays, the living ones are only about 12 inches tall, their wings degraded, and their tails rendered harmless, their function more for balancing their bodies. They eat mainly the top leaves of aerial cage trees, together with fruit, buds, flowers, and nuts.

Manticores are a gentle and cryptic species. They can’t speak, but inherently possess the power of mind-reading, to predict what happens next. These interesting and unique characters make Manticores the favorite pets for royal families.

It's like one of those statues I see in my local $2 reject store, but high end. And 10 times over priced.
It costs $1800 here locally, which for an 8 inch statue on a perch from an unlicensed property is ****ing insanity and I can't see them shifting a single one of the 300 edition size to be honest.

It says 24" and for the price I was assuming that height is without the stand...if 24 "with the stand then WOW.... that is insane....

It's like one of those statues I see in my local $2 reject store, but high end. And 10 times over priced.
It costs $1800 here locally, which for an 8 inch statue on a perch from an unlicensed property is ****ing insanity and I can't see them shifting a single one of the 300 edition size to be honest.

I can't stop laughing!!:lol:lol:lol

I would have preferred some clothing to cover the beer gut. I also would have liked a more traditional lions mane to the Amish beard they went with...

The backstory of these silent, gentle creatures is well developed:

MANTICORE

With the body of a monkey, the venomous tail of a scorpion, bat-like wings, and an elder human face, Manticore was described as an evil predator in Persian legend, similar to the Egyptian Sphinx.

The ancient Manticores were found in the stagnant forests of the old world. Nowadays, the living ones are only about 12 inches tall, their wings degraded, and their tails rendered harmless, their function more for balancing their bodies. They eat mainly the top leaves of aerial cage trees, together with fruit, buds, flowers, and nuts.

Manticores are a gentle and cryptic species. They can’t speak, but inherently possess the power of mind-reading, to predict what happens next. These interesting and unique characters make Manticores the favorite pets for royal families.

The only thing well developed is the moobs and gut.

Somewhere out on the net there is an octopus forum. And they are very, very excited about this.

Yup ...and I bet they are bitchin about the price and edition size being too damn high on that piece.

Back