Rest in Peace Gregg Allman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karamazov80

Ham and Egger
CF Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gregg-allman-southern-rock-legend-dead-at-69-w433068

Sadly, we are living in a time where a lot of these deaths are just due to father time. Though he was overshadowed a bit by the legend of his brother Duane, who died very young of a motorcycle accident, Gregg was a tremendous musician in his own right, as lead singer and keyboard player. The Allman Bros.' Live at the Fillmore East is one of the best rock albums I've ever heard, and he was an essential part of that. I was fortunate enough to see him live about 15 years ago, and it was a tremendous experience. RIP.

Very sad. It seems like the names are starting to pile up. Inevitable, I guess.

Those of use who grew up in the 70's/80's sadly should be expecting many of our favorites to be moving on. Which is sad because that means we are also advancing in age.

I've read that he had been sick for some time, but they've never said from what. So sorry to hear this. 69 is too young! RIP Gregg

Back