PF Boba: Loose Rangefinder (Possible Defect?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Heads-up (especially Tom, who has already packed his up for a replacement because of this same issue):

Two of my close collecting friends received their PF Bobas, one today and one yesterday. Both are pretty happy with them (one thinks it "rules"). And both of them have the same gripe: the rangefinder on the side of the helmet is "loose" and falls down all the time (just like Tom's) and needs tape or something else to stay in place properly. :(

So, unfortunately it looks like this might be more than just a case of a dud... there may be a handful (or more) of these out there with this issue.

Hopefully only a vast minority of these have this defect, but I thought I'd give a heads-up, just in case.

Last edited:
Re: PF Boba: Loose Rangefinder

Even the one on their site has the same problem!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

7151_press08-001.jpg

Mine falls just a tad... from far away it looks like it is up but when you get close you can notice that it should be standing a tad straighter.

tomandshell said:
Even the one on their site has the same problem!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

7151_press08-001.jpg
Okay, now THAT's funny. :lol

But, hey, Tom... at least you might eventually have PF Fett #42 with a loose rangefinder. :monkey5

Seriously, though, hope not too many people have this problem. :(

The viewfinder on my son's is loose too. We just keep the head tilted back enough.

superado said:
The viewfinder on my son's is loose too. We just keep the head tilted back enough.

Yes, but part of the appeal of this piece is that the head can be adjusted and be displayed at different angles. The antenna needs to accomodate all possible poses.

Mine tilts just a bit, if I adjust the head a little forward. I don't think in my case it's a defect worth returning. I would be worried about getting one that's worse.

#192 just got here. Mine antenna falls forward about a nut hair...just BARELY so no real complaints here. In person this is an AWSOME figure. I love it. He's not going back to SS.

Question: How do you move the head? My Bobas head does not move at all and I feel like I will break it if I use any more force. Do you have to use force?

Giant Chicken said:
Question: How do you move the head? My Bobas head does not move at all and I feel like I will break it if I use any more force. Do you have to use force?

Just grab it tightly and it will turn. You shouldn't have a problem with it breaking--it was made to be adjustable. It was a lot tighter than I expected, but at least we won't have to worry about the ball joint becoming loose over time.

My stays up no problem. It will fall forward a few degrees if i hold him face down but if he is standing it stays straight up.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Hopefully Sideshow will give us a few pointers on how to handle this issue by the time my own Boba arrives... sometime in June.

Maybe the Mandalorian Artefact can be magnetized in such a way to keep the viewfinder pulled upwards properly... thus revealing its essential nature for the entire figure. :D

Back