BBTS Pile Of Loot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pia_Bubbles

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a question about Pile Of Loot. I tried researching for an answer first but turned up empty. Using the search feature on this forum yielded some results that doesn't really answer my question specifically. So I decided to create this post. The BBTS website description about the Pile Of Loot feature makes it sound like it simply is just a virtual storage bin for when you'd want your items held until you're ready to accept them (for instances where you're out of town, for example).

How exactly does it save me money on shipping? I have that feature set to "on" for my account and tried adding items to my cart one at a time. Each item is still being charged the full price of shipping.

Example, I purchased a case of Star Wars action figures for $159.99 with $9.74 FedEx Ground shipping. I check my account details and the order is there. I then shop for my second item, a Play Arts Kai Sephiroth action figure for $149.99. Upon entering checkout for the second item, I am still being charged full price for shipping, $8.99 for FedEx Ground, even with Pile Of Loot turned on. I tried to see if the $8.99 was the Pile Of Loot savings (because it appears to be lower than the $9.74 I was charged for my first item) by logging off and "purchasing" the Play Arts Kai item as a "guest". It still ships for $8.99 regardless of whether I was logged on (with Pile Of Loot) or not.

Where does Pile Of Loot give me the advantage in this case? I hope someone can help me understand what this is and how it works. I have a list of items I am interested in purchasing but the lack of combined shipping discounts makes it difficult for me to commit to one online retailer.

You're buying preorder items correct? After you buy one item, the charged shipping should be less, unless they come out too far apart I guess. You can only keep stuff in your PoL for 6 months.

You will see the savings as things actually enter your pile of loot, not when you order. First item in will be charged the full amount. Second item in will only cost what the additional weight adds to the box. Don't worry about what you are charged when you order or pre-order. The ordering system quotes full price for each item because it has no idea when you will release your loot or what will be in it.

You're buying preorder items correct? After you buy one item, the charged shipping should be less, unless they come out too far apart I guess. You can only keep stuff in your PoL for 6 months.

Hi dukefett, yes, the first order I placed was a pre-order. I guess that's where the problem started. I just received a very long email from BBTS customer support that explained the Pile Of Loot concept very thoroughly. Because the first order I placed was a pre-order, no Pile Of Loot was actually created. The first item should have been an in-stock item, and then a pre-order item or another in-stock item.

You will see the savings as things actually enter your pile of loot, not when you order. First item in will be charged the full amount. Second item in will only cost what the additional weight adds to the box. Don't worry about what you are charged when you order or pre-order. The ordering system quotes full price for each item because it has no idea when you will release your loot or what will be in it.

Hi rjszar, your response is almost the summarized version of what BBTS customer service emailed me a few hours ago. Thanks for confirming what they said. This actually makes me understand how it works completely. I now have a go-to online retailer for collectibles. I've always had good experience ordering from them. I just wasn't maximizing my savings because I always have each order shipped as soon as I make them, because I didn't fully understand how Pile Of Loot worked.

Back