Roger Moore has Passed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man! Sean Connery was the best Bond, but Roger Moore was my favourite. RIP good sir. Thank you for all the fun movies.

For me, Connery will always be the definitive James Bond, but I grew up watching Roger Moore. He was campy, but he's the reason I became a Bond fan. I can't even count how many times I watched "For You Eyes Only" on HBO. My favorite was "The Spy Who Loved Me", just for the submarine Lotus scene alone, I could watch over and over again. My father was also a big Bond fan, he loved Connery. It wasn't till I was older did I realize the campiness in Moore's Bond and preferd Connery. It's like people who still think Adam West was the best Batman cause that's what they grew up with.

For me though, Bond ended with Brosnan. I have never watched any of the new Daniel Craig films. He may be a decent Bond, but for me the joy was in the gadgets that Q made. It's not James Bond without them. Just a spy thriller. I'd rather watch the Jason Bourne movies. And Roger Moore played up the gadgets better than anyone....

Thanks to Roger Moore for hours and hours of wonderful times and happy childhood memories. :bow RIP........ :(

I enjoyed Roger's take on Bond. Favorite movie of his is for your eyes only. Liked how he got the resolution with Blofeld and the more serious take with the way he dealt with the villains. I am sad that he is gone.

Rest in peace Mr. Moore you will be missed. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Moore was the Bond during my childhood.
He is the one I will remember as Bond more so than any of the other actors.

Thank you for the great memories. May he now rest in peace. :pray:

While not a *huge* Bond fan, I nevertheless had him on my radar as a kid, particularly when Moonraker was one of the many space-themed flicks to jump on the Star Wars bandwagon.

The Bond line was also among my first Sideshow figs...

7728_press01-001.jpg

Back