Forum noob

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kr1pl3d

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a new member here and thought I'd introduce myself instead of just lurking like I have been. My name is Ian Mathes, and I actually joined a couple months ago. I know it's bad etiquette, but I'm kind of an introvert... Well more of a misanthropist really. But it seems like there are some really cool people on here and I have seen some amazing talent and custom pieces. I know I'm friends with quite a few of you sculptors and painters on Facebook. My move to 1/6 happened last year, and prior to that it was mainly 3.75 and 6" star wars with the exception of a few movie and music icons. But last year I sold off most of my 6" figures and made the move to hot toys and sideshow Star Wars. My collection focus was primarily Star Wars until recently when I was stupid enough to start looking at custom sculpts on Facebook after seeing a Rainman Bill the Butcher and a couple other pieces that just blew me away.

So I recently made the jump to start some kit bashes, Dragon in Dreams gangster figures, etc.
As it sits now I have a blitzway Carlito's way figure, pop toys ex 09 Cleric which I am looking for a custom sculpt for, Boy Black Riddick that I plan on doing some part swapping and customization with, I also just got a MG John Wick head to start a kit bash, as well as a Blitzway Scarface head sculpt, and a Denzel Washington Alonzo sculpt that I want to make into a Book of Eli kit bash unless I can find someone I can commission for an Eli and then I can make an Alonzo kit bash. I have plenty others I want to get done but if I were to name them all I would have a book written and well, I just don't have that kind of time to type it all.

I am a tattoo artist by trade and love art, music, and movies, so I would really like to start moving my collection towards my favorite movie gangsters and hip hop artists.
I've seen some figures in the sales forum I am quite interested in, but reviewed some of the sticky posts and other sellers disclaimers about buying/selling with zero feedback and activity, so I guess some will have to wait. I'm just so bad about following and staying active in forums but I hope to build a good network here and become a trusted member. I know there are a lot of people in this hobby that say a lot of things and don't follow through, or turn out to be dishonest and those are qualities I loathe. So hopefully I get the chance to prove that with you guys.
Misanthropic or not, I'm kind of excited to be a part of this forum and get to know some of you.

So I hope this massive paragraph wasn't too much to read, or too little of a description of myself. I'll try and upload some collection pics here in the next day or two when I get the chance. So thanks for bearing with me and reading my ramble.
Take it sleasy fellow freaks!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Mathes!
wavesmile.gif

Welcome to the forum. I never did an introduction post myself, just jumped right in. It's not something that anyone notices, keeps track of or generally cares about so I don't think you have to worry about poor etiquette :lol

Hey, when you introduced yourself I thought your were talking about me for a bit haha, and I share the same excitement to go beyond greedy Hot toys and SS half decent stuff, so I started looking for custom figuers like you. Boy those custom figures aren't amazing, though they're not as affordable as the HT or SS stuff. Sorry, for making this so long but after contacting sculptures themselves, also, painting and clothing costs. I have noticed that a lot of people have started projects were many people chime in and make the cost divided between them to be more affordable, they also take a long time to get started and worked on. You can find them as Interest, I'd advise you to do the same for popular character that many share the passion about the character as you do and willin to commit to the project. Sorry for the long reply! :(

Back