The Rarest Hot Toys Figures Ever Created

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone Ready to Take Out a Small Bank Loan to Afford One of these Figures? Did you Know Hot Toys Released a Figure that Was Limited to Only 16 Pieces World-Wide??? Yep - It Exists, It Might Not Be in Plain Site But its Out There Somewhere! Here is a Fantastic Article that Goes over The Rarest Hot Toys Figures Ever Created

hot-toys-rarest-figures.JPG.jpg

Yeah I remember that MK6 promo Iron Man. Yes they only made 16, bit I think it was some kinda contest or something. You couldn't buy it, you had to win it. And the only difference from the regular movie promo figure was the head sculpt and stand.

The Billie Jean figure IS the first Michael Jackson that HT produced. A lot of people didn't like the prototype sculpt, and the finalized HS was changed a few weeks before release. Not a lot people ordered it because of the proto, hence a low production number was made. Then MJ died, and everyone was fighting for one.

The Godfather figure, the tsunami version, from what I remember was a very small batch re-release with each figure hand painted by J.C. Hong with certificate number. That one is rare a should fetch for a high price.

Another rare figure (probably drawing no interest from western audiences), was Wong Ka Kui the leader of Hong Kong band "Beyond". He died young due to a accident while performing in Japan. Probably close to Kurt Cobain in terms of Hong Kong legendary pop icon status. HT made 2 different figures of him, one with a green jacket variant limited to 40 pcs.

I'm sure there are plenty of other rare HT figures for you to do a follow up, like the battle damaged endoskeleton and T-600 concept version.

I wanted that m-icon Wong Ka Kui figure. Beyond was one of the best bands. Ever!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

That "Billie Jean" figure was released a good while before he died if memory serves. And it wasn't hard to find at all until he died. I actually remember them selling out immediately on BBTS, then the price on eBay going up up up. I had that figure. Was not great. Should have been the actual, Thriller-era Motown 25th Anniversary Billie Jean look.

Also, if you say that pilot is rare at 5,000, then at least a few other figures are much rarer. The original Begins Batman, Superman Returns Superman, and Jack Sparrow were all limited to 1,000 I believe, with certificates. The 10th Anniversary figures were all limited to 4,000 if I recall correctly.

That "Billie Jean" figure was released a good while before he died if memory serves. And it wasn't hard to find at all until he died. I actually remember them selling out immediately on BBTS, then the price on eBay going up up up. I had that figure. Was not great. Should have been the actual, Thriller-era Motown 25th Anniversary Billie Jean look.

The pre-order and release was before MJ died for sure. Still had a low production number cause not much people ordered. I think it was released a few months before the news broke. My friend saw me open mine, and he was like... meh~, then a few months later he was able to get one for double the retail price while the prices were still going up.

That image being used for the Predator - isn't that the NECA figure?
Its Crazy How Identical they Look! But the Main Head Image is of the Hot Toys Version, They had interchangeable Heads. Thanks for Checking Out the Article!!!
they are not alike.
it's an image of a Neca predator.

hot-toys-scar-predator-8th-ani-com-exclusive-figure.jpg

1300x-Scar.jpg

this is an exclusive MMS18:

1048.jpg

https://www.jhstoys.com/store/p445/...Scar_Predator_(8th_Ani-Com_HK_Exclusive).html

different armor paint and sculpt, different faces. i think you should change the image in your article.

Back