toycade aka comics and toys on ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIBBY1957DOG

Super Freak
Reaction score
just a heads up about a recent transaction with these guys ,posting here as well as i know they used to list on here and i bought from them specifically because they were a fellow member on the mego board and others had praised them for their service

sad to say it was not a good transaction
i bought a gentle giant jumbo super powers figure from them ,when it arrived the outer box was in terrible condition and it had no inner packaging or wrapping to protect or prevent the item from being damaged by sliding around in the box when it arrived which is exactly what has happened to this one ,the clam shell has been scratched and clouded on the surface by rubbing against the rough cardboard of the box ,which is as im sure you know why ftc place a cling material on the clams for transit to prevent this,or a wrap of bubble wrap would have done the same trick

this has reduced the value of the figure to the level of a loose mint figure in damaged packaging to me

,great for a loose collection but not a good carded display piece ,and not for the price i paid for it $152 plus the extra $25 import duty

due to the time and expense spent on this already and the time and expense to return it to them ,i suggested a partial refund would be the best option and that they recover their costs from the postal service that caused the damage by treating this package in such a shoddy manner .

i don't think it unreasonable that i requested that toycade at least refund the postage money to me as the item was badly damaged due to poor handling by the mail service and inadequate protection offered by the provided shipping box and lack of interior packing materials used ,i

i emailed them several times and sent pictures via the mego pm system ,as ebay seem to block pictures .not one reply from them .reluctantly i contacted paypal and on seeing the condition of the box and item they suggested that i requested that toycade refund the postage money to me as the item was badly damaged due to poor handling by the mail service and inadequate protection offered by the provided shipping box and lack of interior packing materials used and that as ive provided them with evidence of the damage that they can use in their claim against the postal service to recover there funds from them

i don't think it unreasonable that i requested that toycade at least refund the postage money to me as i said before the item was badly damaged due to poor handling by the mail service and inadequate protection offered by the provided shipping box and lack of interior packing materials used

again no reply .so i opened a partial refund case for the $62 postage cost and toycade have denied it :ugh_y:

paypal have ruled in my favour but the only option they offer is a full refund if i return it at my cost ,so another $62 postage and a loss of $26 import duty to send it back $88
to get $152 refunded

so i spend $88 to get $64 back ,:cuckoo::slap

all this from a fellow member :mad:

even if comics and toys refunded the postage id have been paying $90 plus the import duty $26 for what amounts to a loose figure ,but in the interest of settling this quickly and amicably id have lived with it .so sad that this turned out this way and that there is no protection for buyers who incur import charges when it comes to return item for refund cases eg just because somethings wrong with your tax charged item and you have to send it back the government dont care and still keep your money
sorry to go on but this has destroyed what little faith i had left in a fair and square deal and yeah i admit i did want to vent ,but also warn others
heres the damaged pictures for any that are interested cheers

33785290724_b702937328_z.jpg
34497804551_ac1b8b281b_z.jpg
33785308174_c8e7b2d6e1_c.jpg
34587036816_70543b48fc_c.jpg
34497819631_b29f1a4759_z.jpg
34628441785_c6138ba79b_z.jpg
the box and proof of customs examination and charge[/QUOTE][/IMG]

33785468504_1154e65516_c.jpg
34587182056_d4da495676_c.jpg
33785479274_a81756e2fb_z.jpg
34587201966_4ffd44732b_z.jpg
34466446852_a4a5d2f499_z.jpg
34466448182_9604e06241_z.jpg
no interior protection and packaging scuffed up clam :thud: the pictures tell the story [/IMG]

Last edited:
Back