Cleaning besta glass doors??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbieguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is there a trick!? Have used winder, stiffer, eye glasses cleaner and STILL have streaks. What the heck!?

Is there a trick!? Have used winder, stiffer, eye glasses cleaner and STILL have streaks. What the heck!?

Alvin Corn Homemade Glass Cleaner
1/4 c. rubbing alcohol
1/4 c. white vinegar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 c. warm water

Wipe clean with newspapers. It will haze at first but dry streak free. Best combo for glass I have ever seen.

I don't own Bestas but when it comes to Detolf glass I actually just use a dry paper towel or a dry cloth and buff in small circles.

For my glass doors as well as house windows, I do what I've learned from a hotel owner - he also learned this from professional cleaners: use a squeegee with foam on ones side (and rubber on the other) which is put in a small bucket of warm water with a few drops of liquid hand detergent. Pull the wet squeegee with foam on the window/glass door from top to bottom, from one side to the other of the glass - be sure to have some rags on the floor to absorb the water. After that use the rubber side of the squeegee, again from top to bottom, this acts like a windshield wiper leaving the glass clean and shiny. All my house windows and the glass doors look crystal clear after this operation.

If you're not using a clean towel every time, you're just smearing the grime and spreading it to other parts of the glass, hence the streaks.

Paper towel + water + a tiny bit of dishwashing liquid

Paper towel + water

Paper towel. Streak free goodness.

Use high quality paper towel.

This probably belongs in the Displays thread but I use water and microfiber towel for everything and it works great. Maybe Windex too? :huh

Alvin Corn Homemade Glass Cleaner
1/4 c. rubbing alcohol
1/4 c. white vinegar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 c. warm water

Wipe clean with newspapers. It will haze at first but dry streak free. Best combo for glass I have ever seen.

Add: 2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flower
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

30 min in the oven on 375f and you are all set for a party :)

Back