How Batteries Can Damage Your Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunterdnrc

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
How Batteries Can Damage Your Figures

Hey guys, I wrote this little article because I see people over on Facebook pages have batteries leak on their figures. It sucks that something so avoidable can cause so many issues. Personally I just pull the batteries out and don'r use them but I'm interested to read what you all do!

That being said I wanted to say thanks to all of you folks over here that have given OSS a look. It's really humbling to have people reading stuff that I've written about a hobby I care very deeply about. SSF is why I'm so invested into this hobby honestly, and I wouldn't be writing without it. I work every piece to become better, and I would love it if you get in touch with me on Facebook, Twitter, or even here with any comments. I'll do my best to stay on top of it all.

Thanks again,
Hunter

Last edited:
Re: How Batteries Can Damage Your Figures[

I should take the batteries out of my star wars figures. I legit never, ever use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just took the batteries out of a bunch of my figures. Luckily no damage that I could see on any of them. Still need to get a few out though.

I have never taken any of my batteries out except to replace them when they die and I have yet to see any leaks.

Have any of you actually had leaks and if so, did it actually do any damage whatsoever?

I have had other batteries leak in flashlights that have been sitting for years and years but all I did was swab the connectors off with a Q-tip and some hydrogen peroxide and everything was fine.

I always remove the batteries. If I decide to use the feature, I make sure to use new ones and not the ones that Hot Toys supplied.

I have never taken any of my batteries out except to replace them when they die and I have yet to see any leaks.

Have any of you actually had leaks and if so, did it actually do any damage whatsoever?

I have had other batteries leak in flashlights that have been sitting for years and years but all I did was swab the connectors off with a Q-tip and some hydrogen peroxide and everything was fine.

I had a power pose one burst. It seems like with HT the batteries they include are really hit or miss.

Last edited:
I always leave them in. I call it battery roulette. Dangerous, but it makes me feel alive.

Only figure I keep them is Obi Wan for the light up saber, which I turn on occasionally. All the rest are taken out.

Also thanks for being modest about posting and sharing your site - it's become a...commonplace to just shotgun out their material. I'm much more likely to stick around a site if it's not shoved at me in every thread.

Are the batteries in the SW figs inserted without plastic tabs? I haven't checked a single one of mine.

Are the batteries in the SW figs inserted without plastic tabs? I haven't checked a single one of mine.

I could be wrong but I seem to remember only Luke came with the batteries inserted, with the rest the batteries were separate.

And bless you for using the word 'young' in connection with me. :lol

I could be wrong but I seem to remember only Luke came with the batteries inserted, with the rest the batteries were separate.

And bless you for using the word 'young' in connection with me. :lol

Thanks, better check Luke then! Might as well check the others while I'm at it... kinda bummed they've been in their boxes since I got them.

Young at heart Tom, young at heart!

If you live somewhere that is humid, the risk is much higher.

Lucky to say the batteries haven't ruined any of my HT's, but it did for my matty ghost trap and a diamond select bttf delorean.

Still haven't took the time to get them fixed.

I use this instead of batteries. https://www.soapstudio.com/soapreactor/
Lets me use the light up features of my figures without having to worry about batteries leaking or even just dying. My only complaint is it doesn't work with every figure i have. Works with most but not all. But for the ones that it works with it's fantastic.

I use this instead of batteries. https://www.soapstudio.com/soapreactor/
Lets me use the light up features of my figures without having to worry about batteries leaking or even just dying. My only complaint is it doesn't work with every figure i have. Works with most but not all. But for the ones that it works with it's fantastic.

Genius Idea!!!! Im gonna order one of these and check it out. Thanks for sharing this!

Back