The Witcher netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really looking forward to hearing more about this! I wonder if the series will include brand new characters, or the characters from the video games (or novels).

Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga. Sapkowski will serve as a creative consultant on the series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories," he explained in a press release, "staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing."

Tomas Baginski - who directed the intro videos for all three Witcher games, as well as the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer - will direct at least one episode per season.
Executive producers Sean Daniel and Jason Brown (The Expanse), said: “The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world. The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”
Platige Image, a Polish production and visual effects house will co-produce. Executive producers Baginski and Jarek Sawko emphasised that the books' subtexts will not be lost in the adaptation: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”

I'd get excited, but after the Lovecraft and Troy show announcements... We'll see... I'm holding a small basket... 10 bucks says it's more likely for the "Idris Elba for Geralt" meme to come to life, than them getting any Slavic actors...

PS: Idris Elba as Blade would've been perfect, but they went ahead and wasted him on Heimdall... That was literally perfect casting, but...

Just finished reading the inital 7 books series, so, pretty pumped! Lets hope its a quality Netflix show along the lines of Strangers Things, as opposed to a show like the OA

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. Here's hoping they adapt the whole thing, though realistically they could probably trim some of the stories from The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny to really just focus on the Ciri/Elder Blood angle. The budget better be decent. It'll have to be so they can pay my man Mads Mikkelsen to play Geralt. ;)

Good. I wouldn't be opposed to an animated show, but I'd prefer live action. As long as the quality is decent. There's a lot of stuff that'll require CG.

Maybe they should hire the cosplayer on the right:
IMG_1966.JPG

Casting could ruin this.......

I am all in for this is a great tale......but a little concerned about the monsters...and cgi.

Might turn out like Xena...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have faith. I don't know Netflix series which turned up to be bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back