Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Default The Witcher netflix series

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Really looking forward to hearing more about this! I wonder if the series will include brand new characters, or the characters from the video games (or novels).

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga. Sapkowski will serve as a creative consultant on the series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories," he explained in a press release, "staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing."

Tomas Baginski - who directed the intro videos for all three Witcher games, as well as the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer - will direct at least one episode per season.
    Executive producers Sean Daniel and Jason Brown (The Expanse), said: “The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world. The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”
    Platige Image, a Polish production and visual effects house will co-produce. Executive producers Baginski and Jarek Sawko emphasised that the books' subtexts will not be lost in the adaptation: "There is a moral and intellectual depth in these books which goes beyond genre. It is a story about today and today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and the hero inside all of our hearts.”
    It is more difficult to talk about things and events (instead of persons), because this requires a certain amount of intelligence, reflection and information. If we are to talk of things, we must know something about them. (c)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    349 (100%)
    Visit EVILFACE's Instagram Channel
    Like all adaptions, they will ignore everything and just make up their own characters.
    "Let me have a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it fast. I'm in a god damn hurry."

I'd get excited, but after the Lovecraft and Troy show announcements... We'll see... I'm holding a small basket... 10 bucks says it's more likely for the "Idris Elba for Geralt" meme to come to life, than them getting any Slavic actors...

PS: Idris Elba as Blade would've been perfect, but they went ahead and wasted him on Heimdall... That was literally perfect casting, but...

This could potentially be really great.
    Check out my art! Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    47 (100%)
    Just finished reading the inital 7 books series, so, pretty pumped! Lets hope its a quality Netflix show along the lines of Strangers Things, as opposed to a show like the OA
    I'm a people person; Get off my lawn, ya darn KIDS!!!!!!!!

This is the best news I've heard in a long time. Here's hoping they adapt the whole thing, though realistically they could probably trim some of the stories from The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny to really just focus on the Ciri/Elder Blood angle. The budget better be decent. It'll have to be so they can pay my man Mads Mikkelsen to play Geralt.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    If mads mikkelsen bulked up like crazy, I'd totally be down for him playing geralt.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

Would buy.