Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The 1/6th scale Captain Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure’s special features:

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Body with over 30 points of articulation
- Highly detailed hair sculpture with fabric hair implantation, new accessories, and red bandana
- Two (2) interchangeable faces with patented Interchangeable Faces Techniques (IFT), separate rolling eyeballs, real-like beard and plaits on chin
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding flintlock pistol
- One (1) pair of hand for holding sword or scabbard
- One (1) pair of hands showing his iconic gestures
- One (1) index finger pointing right hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :

- One (1) leather-like detachable brown-colored hat
- One (1) piece of cream-colored long-sleeved shirt
- One (1) blue and brown colored patterned vest
- One (1) dark brown coat
- One (1) pair of dark brown pants
- One (1) dark brown belt
- One (1) light brown belt
- One (1) snakeskin leather-like belt
- One (1) dark brown leather-like patterned shoulder band with saber sheath
- One (1) pair of brown boots

Weapons:

- One (1) saber
- One (1) knife
- Two (2) flintlock pistols

Accessories:

- One (1) scarf
- One (1) fake-fur
- One (1) small batch of fabric hair on belt
- One (1) compass
- One (1) short tube telescope
- One (1) head sculpt of his mother with gold-color ornaments
- One (1) duck’s foot sculpture
- One (1) rum bottle
- One (1) Jack Sparrow warrant poster
- Two (2) wrist bands of different styles
- The Black Pearl in a clear bottle
- Specially designed pirate themed diorama figure stand with translucent ocean water effect, dead shark, and parts of a ship

Release date: Q4, 2017 – Q1, 2018

PD1494916260O7l.jpg

PD1494916263W4r.jpg

PD149491626660E.jpg

PD149491626424Y.jpg

PD1494916270204.jpg

PD1494916268Azr.jpg

PD1494916267WnS.jpg

PD14949162655O8.jpg

PD1494916279KAC.jpg

PD1494916283330.jpg

PD149491627426Y.jpg

PD149491627370Y.jpg

PD14949162840j4.jpg

PD1494916275n89.jpg

PD1494916276fbI.jpg

PD14949162712AI.jpg

PD1494916272Wj1.jpg

PD1494916277tfl.jpg

PD1494916278zvp.jpg

PD1494916280Mf7.jpg

PD1494916281dl0.jpg

PD14949162852lp.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Overall, they took the base parts from DX06 and improved on some, so it looks great and saves me crazy prices on eBay for the original.

That said, 3 key issues.

- Smiling sculpt doesn't have as good a likeness and the DX06 smirk sculpt was better.
- HT still can't get the color of his coat right, 3rd attempt later.
- Hat still sucks, it doesn't capture the right shape for Jack's hat.

Kind of sad, but Diamond select has captured the hat shape and coat color better on a 7" figure.

DCL46499lg.jpg

This looks decent and I will probably get it because I love pirates, but being a dx06 owner and getting that immediate feeling of knowing that this figure doesn't have anything on the dx06... Very satisfying. :)

Oh man just a rehash? Really?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So do you think that Sideshow will put a limit of one per customer.

Surprised by this, I think the original is better. Smirk is very poor. Stand is great fun though..
:dunno

That is one busy-ass base. Looks like something that would come with a Sideshow PF.

Underwhelmed. 6 years later and this isn't a massive step forward in quality or execution.

Good to see the DX line continue, but then again yet another example of HT having no imagination. The DX06 dio was way better too.

Overall, they took the base parts from DX06 and improved on some, so it looks great and saves me crazy prices on eBay for the original.

That said, 3 key issues.

- Smiling sculpt doesn't have as good a likeness and the DX06 smirk sculpt was better.
- HT still can't get the color of his coat right, 3rd attempt later.
- Hat still sucks, it doesn't capture the right shape for Jack's hat.

Just watched the trailer again...I think the color on his jacket is spot on. Not sure what you're seeing. I do agree about the smirk headsculpt tho. Not a great likeness.

Andddddddddddd here come all of the people who own the older version, panic selling him before the gouge price goes down

haha :) u are right.

I think the base is much better on the original figure. Things look spectacular in the sculpt department though.

This works out perfectly for me. Selling my DX06 with all the custom work I put into it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to sell, it bothered me so much I couldn't even bring myself to watch Pirates for quite some time, one of my most wanted things since I got into 1/6 collecting has been a great Jack Sparrow. I owned the Medicom which was very toy like, I had both the MMS regular and Cannibal Jack figures, which, while nicer than Medicom, were ill proportioned and other than the cannibal face paint sculpt, barely looked like Depp. With DX06, I finally had what I'd always wanted, just needed to swap out the hat and dye the coat and I was thrilled. I'm actually glad this is more or less a rehash, I loved the parts on the original DX and was concerned this might turn out lesser, but now I get those plus an improved neutral head sculpt, the only thing I wish I had was the Pearl wheel, though I love sharks and love this base for it and it still feels "Jack". I don't discount that HT may improve upon the portraits before it ships, DX06 previewed with a totally different alternate head, so time will tell.

Hmmm... not a huge step forward but I do see some improvements. I like the added hair for realism and the face actually has paint and is textured unlike the previous. But something does seem off, especially with the smirking sculpt. Debating on whether to sell the dx06 for this or maybe just pickup the normal head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back