TMNT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
TMNT gets the thumbs up from me. This one kinda serves as a sequel to the first movie, but incorporates items from the comics and new cartoon (the reboot, not Fast Forward). There's no Shredder, but that's a good thing. The story feels fresh even if the themes have been used before.

Anybody else see it?

in a rare move I actually took the afternoon off and saw this with my brother. I thought it was a lot of fun! nostalgic for me, since I grew up with the Ninja Turtles! still remember those awesome action figures.

Was it me, or was it a BIT on the short side? The action sequences kicked butt. really fun, non gory battles. great turtle animation! I'd expect it to do well!!!

lets sing the original cartoon theme song in unison everyone!!!
Trev

I am going to try and see this. I've been playing the 360 game and think it's fun as heck.

I just never understood having swords you never slice anyone with or sai's that you never stab anyone with.

I liked the first movie back in the 90's though.

KitFisto said:
I just never understood having swords you never slice anyone with or sai's that you never stab anyone with.

I liked the first movie back in the 90's though.

:lol I know what you mean. I saw 300 today instead of Turtles. So that is even funnier now!

After seeing TMNT yesterday, my son said he wanted to get the video game, so we did. I just assumed that it would have a multiplayer option so that we could play together, but it doesn't!! I thought that we would be able to team up and fight together but he still likes watching me play. About the only game he can actually play on his own is Star Wars Lego. But he has had fun watching me play--I let him tell me which turtle to use at any given time. Looks like his favorite is Michelangelo, although I always liked Donatello best.

Yeah, it's a 1 player only game. I still enjoyed it and I have to say the easiest 1000 gamer points ever. :lol

tomandshell said:
I was thinking that those achievement points were really adding up as I played this afternoon...

They do in this game for sure. :lol

I also liked seeing the HP Trailer before this today as well, and before I went to the theater today I stopped in to B&N to see what they had. I saw they had one copy of the Wildlife of SW left so I picked it up.

yeah, I wanted to buy that game too, but the 1 player option is just a no go. :( I was looking forward to co-op!! I'm just too fond of the old days of Nintendo TMNT. hahah!

Trev

Trevolver said:
yeah, I wanted to buy that game too, but the 1 player option is just a no go. :( I was looking forward to co-op!! I'm just too fond of the old days of Nintendo TMNT. hahah!

Trev

Yeah, I didn't realize it was 1 player only but it's actually pretty fun. I've been playing the the 1989 Version they released on Live a couple weeks ago and have to say it's more fun than I remember.

I always wished somehow they had used Krang in the live action films, I always loved his character in the cartoons, but it wouldn't have worked with the X-Menesque approach of working a comic-styled story into modern real life situations. Still loved them, I own 1 & 2 on DVD with several seasons of the original cartoon, does that make me lame lol.

I don't know what Ubisoft was thinking when they made a Turtle game with no multiplayer option. I mean, one of the central themes of the movie was teamwork :confused:

It doesn't matter, because the greatest turtle game (and possibly greatest beat-em-up) of all time is available for download on Xbox Live Arcade: TMNT The Arcade Game.

Now all I need is an Xbox. :monkey1

I downloaded the classic game demo the other day and I will probably unlock the full version. I really like the new one, but the lack of multiplayer is a shame. My son can join me on the old version--he doesn't care about high definition graphics.

(TMNT on the 360 supports 1080p, by the way. It looks great.)

My friends and I are going to check this movie out on Monday and I am sure we are going to love it. Are we expecting 300 style violence, of course not, most of us are fans of the old late 80's cartoon.
I, on the other hand am a fan of the original comic book masterpiece by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird from 1984 were there was blood and violence and all the ooey gooey stuff we love to watch. In their first encounter with the Shredder and his Foot ninjas, these Turtle boys didn't cut 'em no slack, killing most of the clan. The Shredder himself was skewered on Leo's katana before he died in the heart of a grenade explosion.
But this is not the Turtles we remember, the Turtles that were presented to us were more like super-heroes. Turtle Power anyone? So that our small adolesent brains could keep up with 4 different main characters they became color coordinated. No more straight red sashes for uniformity, no more swearing. Oh, and the first letters of their names are on their belts so Don doesn't run out wearing Raph's belt. Boy, would that confuse the kids.
No, they would not be as popular if they stayed gritty and edgy like the original incarnations. No, there probably wouldn't be a movie. Yes, I am glad that they are as popular as ever.
No, I will never forget that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created as a combination of two of the most popular comics of the early 1980s: Marvel Comics' teenage mutants the X-Men, and Frank Miller's run of Daredevil, which featured ninja clans fighting for control of the New York City underworld.

P.S. If my rant has inspired you at all to find out what the original version of the Turtles was like then I strongly suggest you check out the new cartoon series that began in early 2003 and continues today as Fast Forward. The first 4 seasons of the new series is the most acurate representation of the original material.

Back