The Most Underrated Figures of All Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Sometimes a Figure Doesn't Get the Recognition It Deserves. With that Said, here is an Excellent Article that goes over 10 of the Most Underrated Figures of All Time.

What is Some Figures You Guys Feel Should Have Received More Love then they did?

ten-of-the-most-underrated-action-figures-of-all.jpg

Hot Toys Appleseed Briareos just underrated. Amazing figure, well designed body, looks cool from whatever angle you see, great accessories as well.

I don't think it's really accurate to call custom figures "underrated." How are we supposed to rate things that we don't know about?

I'm just nitpicking but I think the Top 10 list would be more interesting if it was all mass produced stuff, and then maybe do a second Top 10 called "10 Amazing Customs" or something like that.

I agree with Otomofan...customs don't seem like they belong in this category. Given their limited nature and availability, most customs could be considered "underrated" depending on the forum.

I'll add to the list:
Rescue Cap
Red Skull
Samurai Predator
Both Nick Fury's
Odin
Lucious Fox

I could go on...

Interesting article. I agree with a lot of those figures listed being underrated, but I have to take some issue with the Hot Toys Mars Attacks figures. They were great figures, but the rubber suit coverings on the arms and legs are subject to the dreaded Hot Toys suit rot curse. I had my Mars Trooper on display in a UV Light and temperature controlled room and the rubber coverings discolored and cracked at the knees and elbows. I pretty much gave up on Hot Toys because of all the long term issues with their products. Having a several hundred dollar high end figure disintegrate on the shelf - and sometimes in the box - is just too angst inducing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always liked the Mime Joker figure a lot and don't really understand why fans of the film were seemingly so indifferent to it. It's a good looking figure and while the scene it's from is short it is one of the more memorable parts in my opinion. I regret not buying it when Sideshow had it in stock.

Have Jor-El and Zod and I like both but have to admit they are the figures I'd probably get rid of first. Mainly for the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of Man of Steel.

I always liked the Mime Joker figure a lot and don't really understand why fans of the film were seemingly so indifferent to it. It's a good looking figure and while the scene it's from is short it is one of the more memorable parts in my opinion. I regret not buying it when Sideshow had it in stock.

Have Jor-El and Zod and I like both but have to admit they are the figures I'd probably get rid of first. Mainly for the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of Man of Steel.

He's still up at BBTS! https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10447&mode=retail

Back