Does Hot Toys ever re-release or reissue figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukefett

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if they have ever done that before? I tried searching and didn't find this question asked here.

They remake figures. I don't think they reissue them though.

EDIT: nevermind, I just remembered that they recently reissued the original Iron Man marks 4 and 6. But those ARE Iron Man figures.:cuckoo:

It happens but it's fairly rare.

Most recently, Han/Chewbacca, Obi-Wan and I think Darth Vader were re-issued, but it was so close to the original order window, that it really was more like a second batch.

If you're asking if they're going to re-issue a figure they made a few years back, no, it's very unlikely. They might make a new version, but that only happens to popular characters, you're not going to see a Blade re-issue, or a Godfather re-issue if that's what you're after.

I think in the future they will over produce almost every line if it sells out.....they want that ebay money. So sellouts will be less of a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Much more frequent are attempted improvements on older figures, rather than straight re-issues. From that standpoint, half their catalog were re-released, albeit as different figures entirely. Dark Knight Batman had 3 different versions for example, every Predator has been updated by now I think, every Iron Man has been updated 3 or 4 times, we just had a new Jack Sparrow announced, we've already had 3 versions of Vader, etc.

But these typically do have a major effect on the value of the older figures.

re-release some of the star wars stuff....but they re-made a lot of older figures better.....like some of their "2.0" and "diecast" stuff. waiting for them to revisited wolf predator.

If Hot Toys think they can make a buck out of it anything is possible from them.

Back