What Figure in you collection is on the chopping block?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
Most of us have limited room for all these figures. So let's have some fun. Take a long look at your collection and let use know who is close to getting the ax.....

Maybe you wouldn't sell it, but who is move off the shelf to make room for a another figure.

Choose and perish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the team for the Avengers. So I'm honestly thinking about boxing up all the other MCU figures that aren't new. I get I won't have the latest Mark suits but it's gotten out of hand. I can't keep up.

Ooh good thread, when I go into my collection room, I often cast my beady eye over my figures and think who should I get rid of before the floorboards give way. Then I realise I have not got the gumption to let go of any of them. :gah:

If you held a gun to my head though: I would probably go for HT Wolverine from The Wolverine.

1) two HT avp predators. though i'd leave one of them.
2) all HT "predators" predators & Noland. though i'd leave Tracker.
3) Threezero black/grey new ED-209.
4) 4 or 5 variants of T-1000.
i don't even display them.

The real estate currently being taken up by the Winter Soldier Falcon's wingspan has been looking mighty tempting...

I can honestly say currently none. In the past i'd have a lot of figures on the chopping block. That was when i used to buy figures willy nilly without much thought and really they were just impulse buys. Now though i only buy items from licenses i really love that way i know i'll hold on to them for a long time even forever.

Ooh good thread, when I go into my collection room, I often cast my beady eye over my figures and think who should I get rid of before the floorboards give way. Then I realise I have not got the gumption to let go of any of them. :gah:

If you held a gun to my head though: I would probably go for HT Wolverine from The Wolverine.

I do the same thing every morning.....running out of room.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can honestly say currently none. In the past i'd have a lot of figures on the chopping block. That was when i used to buy figures willy nilly without much thought and really they were just impulse buys. Now though i only buy items from licenses i really love that way i know i'll hold on to them for a long time even forever.

I did the exact same thing as far as cluttering my room with impulse buys. Finally decided to stay the course with my themes (Batman, Star Trek, DC /Marvel and LOTR) and get rid of the other items to fund those interests. I recently chopped Threezero's 20" Atlas and Stryder as well as Threezero Robocop 1.0. The TitanFall figs definitely took up some real estate.

Not a figure, but my next to will probably be the Lego Batman Tumbler UCS. I have to make room for the Jyn PF I ordered.

Honestly ..... all of them.
I'm at the point now that when I unbox something, I can objectively view how amazing it is but personally feel no sense of excitement or satisfaction from owning.
Its a weird feeling....like i'm still interested in the ongoing market and seeing developments and the first release or pics, but no longer caring about buying any of it.

Think I'm going to cancel PCS 1/3 Arnie and Stallone statues ... they look awesome .... and I'd rather have $3grand in my bank account.

Right now, my 2 Star Ace Harry Potter figures(Snape and Mad Eye) don't look too hot to me. I'm thinking of selling them and just getting out of that collection. But then I think..."All I need is 2 or 3 more characters" and this will be a poppin' display so I hang onto them anyway. I think 3zero Heisenberg looks lonely and out of place but I love him so much, I just let him awkwardly continue on in his spot. As for Hot Toys, I'm not in love with Stealth Strike suit Cap and although I can't really sell him(I still love the steve figure), I can put him back in the box to make more room. Trying not to do that but space is becoming an issue for me.

While I'm still a fan of the 3 3/4 inch star wars, I would love to sell those for what I paid, which was almost retail. Same for McFarlane sportspicks and starting lineups, and it's not because of lack of space, it's more about no way to display them, I have entire rooms filled with boxes of these in my home. All I display now are hot toys figures and I have to rotate those out. Its a first world problem to be sure. I may just give my oldest stuff to toys for tots and write them off.

While it's a nice looking figure, I'm not really feeling much love for my Adam West Batman anymore. And with it's so-so likeness I could frankly care less about my Eccleston Doctor. Feels like I'm only holding onto him for completest purposes.

most of my figures have been customized in some way so it's difficult to say but if I had to, it would CW BD Cap. I originally only kept it b/c I didn't want to lose my NRD. opened it up to find out how amazing it actually is. But he's my only MCU figure so unless I decide to get someone else like one of the Iron Man figs, this will be the first to go,

I regret getting rid of mine. I got good money for it, but do miss it in my collection from time to time.

I'm at the point where it's the hassle of selling that separates being happy to keep or part with it. It is an iconic figure of an iconic character of an iconic actor... but some iconic cash in the wallet would be nice too.

Back