Neil Marshall's R-Rated HELLBOY reboot starring David Harbour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conflicted. I don't see why they couldn't use Perlman again since he was dying to do another and just have a different director. Harbour is great but it'll be weird seeing another actor in the role.

Wow I was wondering what they were gonna do with the character yesterday. We definitely need him back.

Yea, Pearlman and Doug Jones are and forever will be Red & Abe, no reason not to bring them back! Not sure how i feel about this:(.

I don't mind a reboot but I still wish they had made a third movie with Ron Pearlman and Del Toro. It's what everybody wanted.

Why not get Ron Pearlman? He wants to play the character, and they can still do a soft "R" rated reboot :dunno

Yeaaaaaa, i am gonna say nutz to this...Just do the last film in the trilogy and pay the people from the original....

Reboot is code word for cast new people who are cheaper.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Conflicted. I don't see why they couldn't use Perlman again since he was dying to do another and just have a different director. Harbour is great but it'll be weird seeing another actor in the role.

The writer of the comic didnt want to continue the franchise.
Guillermo tried one last time some months ago and he said on twitter that not all parties were on board

Then some days later mike ( hellboys creator) said on fb that he didnt rule out a reboot and that maybe some things were for the best. He didnt say it but he hinted that he was glad that project was dead.

And then these news come out....

Perlman hasn't played Hellboy in ten years and is now 67-years-old.

Of course they're not bringing him back.

David Harbour is going to suck so bad :lol :lol

He doesnt have the acting chops or the charisma that hellboy requires.

This reminds me of the freddy krueger remake and how crappy the new freddy was.

A rated R hellboy will be fun but this guy will ruin the whole thing

Really disappointing to hear this, especially right after del Toro confirmed Hellboy 3 wasn't happening. Would've liked to see a soft R finale to the trilogy with Perlman.

Exactly :lol :lol

This movie will be dead on arrival if they really go with him

This reminds me of the freddy krueger remake and how crappy the new freddy was.

A rated R hellboy will be fun but this guy will ruin the whole thing

Have you even watched Stranger Things??? Harbour is fantastic in that.

Have you even watched Stranger Things??? Harbour is fantastic in that.

Yeah he was okay as a serious sheriff of a town........ i hardly call that an amazing role.... he just played a serious role.

That would suck for a hellboy

Perlman hasn't played Hellboy in ten years and is now 67-years-old.

Of course they're not bringing him back.

If we can have a 70 year old president, we can have a 70 year old Hellboy.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Old man Hellboy...It worked for Logan :lol

I love Ron and the GDT movies. Guillermo has a very special signature that is perfect for Hellboy as well as Ron being the perfect HB...but GDT did do some weird things like Liz and Hellboy being an item. It kind of worked in the film Del Toro created, but it's not something I wanted to continue. Definitely didn't want to see their kids.

My thoughts were that Guillermo wasn't going to be able to do HB3 because of budgets and stuff...but I guess an R-rated reboot destroys that notion completely.

I look to this with a positive light. I've loved the comics long before the movies. So I'm down for a new interpretation.

Old man Hellboy...It worked for Logan :lol

I love Ron and the GDT movies. Guillermo has a very special signature that is perfect for Hellboy as well as Ron being the perfect HB...but GDT did do some weird things like Liz and Hellboy being an item. It kind of worked in the film Del Toro created, but it's not something I wanted to continue. Definitely didn't want to see their kids.

My thoughts were that Guillermo wasn't going to be able to do HB3 because of budgets and stuff...but I guess an R-rated reboot destroys that notion completely.

I look to this with a positive light. I've loved the comics long before the movies. So I'm down for a new interpretation.

No, ron was willing to deal with the hard time of getting the make up for the fans, he always said he wanted to help the fans to see the last part of the story. Same as guillermo.
The studio and hellboys writer were the ones that didnt wanted to let it happen

Back