Statue Groot Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
1125x682_previewbanner_Groot_nobaby.jpg
Picshttps://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/first-look-at-sideshow-and-legacy-effects-new-groot-maquette/

I'll buy this only if he comes with the bomb with the RED BUTTON!

It's going to be hard to beat the HT Groot

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Like is usually par for the course the headsculpt is likely to be superior on the Hot Toys. You can feel the emotion (as simple as the 3 heads are) and he's so damn adorable.

However on this side of the board the visible joints are probably seen as an eyesore on the Hot Toys figure.

Which is why I ordered two of them, one to display in my statue room with the ravagers outfit on (no visible joints...I hope) and the other in with my other Hot Toys collection etc.

"Sideshow is proud to be working on an exciting new project with our friends and colleagues at Legacy Effects on an all-new Groot Maquette inspired by everyone’s favorite Flora Colossus!"

After and because of some of the Iron Man maquettes, whenever I see the names Sideshow and Legacy Effects in the title I get a little bit concerned.

"Sideshow is proud to be working on an exciting new project with our friends and colleagues at Legacy Effects on an all-new Groot Maquette inspired by everyone’s favorite Flora Colossus!"

After and because of some of the Iron Man maquettes, whenever I see the names Sideshow and Legacy Effects in the title I get a little bit concerned.

Have to admit I'm not familiar with what the issues were, previously. Can you cliff's note it for me?

Have to admit I'm not familiar with what the issues were, previously. Can you cliff's note it for me?

You've probably heard that Sideshow production pieces can vary from the prototype piece shown on their initial promotional shots.

Which to a certain extent is understandable.

However, this variance or rather difference in quality between the Iron Man Maquettes is just enormous; in that the prototype finished by Legacy Effects is immaculate, but the final production piece never even comes close to its perfection/quality.

With pieces produced 100% in house using solely their methods, the drop in standard isn't as apparent.

You've probably heard that Sideshow production pieces can vary from the prototype piece shown on their initial promotional shots.

Which to a certain extent is understandable.

However, this variance or rather difference in quality between the Iron Man Maquettes is just enormous; in that the prototype finished by Legacy Effects is immaculate, but the final production piece never even comes close to its perfection/quality.

With pieces produced 100% in house using solely their methods, the drop in standard isn't as apparent.

I've been collecting with Sideshow since 2005 so I def know the process. I just hadn't heard or looked into the specific ones you'd referenced. Guess I can either look myself, or not, cause I'm too lazy.

(credits to Alex - Sideshow Collectibles) :)

Sometime in July is the expected Pre-Order time frame for the piece.

Although the display list for SDCC is still not fully finalized yet I know that Groot is one very much being considered for the show.

James Gunn examining a Baby Groot model during the pre-production of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2! :D:rock

18491730_1809780029038561_7440278062573688191_o.jpg

baby_groot_statue_by_ubermonster-daqufgj.jpg

Back