Prime 1 Studio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee in MI

The Saga is now complete
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Admittedly I am not a statue collector, but I am blown away by Prime 1's offerings.

They seemed to have come out of nowhere but I bet that's not true. Anyone care to indulge my curiosity about their meteoric rise?

...or maybe I just didn't pay close enough attention to the statue community.

Didn't realize you started this thread fresh, Lee, until I clicked on it :lol

Prime 1 Studio are certainly at the top of their game, one in which they sort of started with this whole 1:3 scale high-profile licensing format. They must have began with some tremendous capital, because most companies can't afford to compete at that pace (just look at Pop Culture Shock). Unlike these other outfits, when Prime 1 announces a new statue, they make good on it timely and extremely close to prototype. Have you seen their Arkham Origins Mr. Freeze? Amazing.

Anyway, I guess they're either targeting the one-off collector who can actually afford one of their statues OR the wealthy collector who already has a palace in which to showcase multiple statues! Only time will tell whether they can keep going they way they're going.

Yeah, I know. They came onto the scene FAST. Somehow they've created a business model that really works. Their entire marketing campaign has been fueled through Facebook, toy conventions and good ol' word-of-mouth. So you've got to respect that "old school" approach!

I really do think it's because they don't fart around with lame licensing (except maybe Independence Day ;) Similar to Hot Toys, they go right for the big stuff that SELLS. Sure, they're a Japanese company that has to appeal to both Japan AND the rest of the world, but they know how to cherry pick the stuff that fans and collectors really want. I mean, you can't go wrong with Batman and Transformers. That stuff sells out in pre-orders. So you may as well make them super AWESOME and go BIG.

I heard Prime 1 uses/owns their own factory.

If true, unlike other places that need to pay and hope the factories come through...seems like P1 has a much increased ability to work with the factory to ensure consistent quality.

I heard Prime 1 uses/owns their own factory.

If true, unlike other places that need to pay and hope the factories come through...seems like P1 has a much increased ability to work with the factory to ensure consistent quality.

Heard this as well - also that they are backed by some serious capital as well.

Their paint apps and quality control seem to be multiple light years beyond any other statue maker in the market place.

I still kind of think they are going to suffer a fall eventually. Making supporting characters in 1/3 scale around $1000 is an extremely limited market.
There is going to be a crash when the novelty wears off and I think many of these statues will eventually go under retail.
(especially when it is a non-classic take on a character)

Have yet to own anything by them but am looking forward to their anime line tremendously. They seem to be getting a lot of favor and high marks from the creators wanting to see their masterpieces in 3D. Ghost in the Shell and Trigun are gonna be awesome!

Have yet to own anything by them but am looking forward to their anime line tremendously. They seem to be getting a lot of favor and high marks from the creators wanting to see their masterpieces in 3D. Ghost in the Shell and Trigun are gonna be awesome!

I'm waiting for FMA. :rock

G.I. Joe and Robotech for me. I own both Arkham Batmans and they are awesome. Shame I have to sell them.

Back