Media Darksiders III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachiel

Super Freak
Reaction score

Play as FURY - a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
Harness FURY's magic to unleash her various forms - each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities
Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story
Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings
Darksiders signature art style - expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature

Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_001.jpg

Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_003.jpg

Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_002.jpg

I really enjoyed the first 2 games and even though it was paper thin the story and the concept behind the game had promise.

Who is this Fury person? She definitely isn't one of the Four Horsemen of the apocalypse. What happened to continuing the story with War, Death, Conquest and Famine?

tumblr_n60zklWHR81tq4of6o1_500.gif

The best thing is that we're back to Hell on Earth background.
It's the best part of this series and one of the main reasons why I didn't care for DSII.

__

Who is this Fury person?
I don't usually go there, but... read the novel/comics. :lol

It's suppose to be War, Death, Pestilence, and Famine though, like the real Horsemen!

It's an action adventure game where giant monsters from "Hell" battle giant humanoids from "Heaven" and then giant humanoid hybrid is sent on postapocaliptic Earth to deal with the aftermatch only to find out that those Three Fiery Stone Heads were behind it all along. You really gonna complain about two Horsemen of the Apocalips not bein' Pestilence and Famine? Come on now! :D

Found this on the Darksiders website, our first look at Sloth. Who according to the little text description has made his base in an abandoned subway system and is a monster when prodded into battle.
Sloth_Throne_Screenshot.jpg

Looks pretty decent. However I don't think they should've granted ign such an early look at pre-alpha gameplay. WIP should be kept from public eyes until almost finished or if the project is in danger of losing investors. At the moment it looks like a vertical slice.

dull and uninspired
This is not a Battlefront EA thread. :lol

It's just pre-alpha with placeholder everything.
GUI is almost nonexistent and the sound is mostly from the first game.
What's important is that new graphics didn't ruin the art style.

More polished, new sounds.

Also the return of sub weapons is officialy confirmed.

Just pre-ordered the Apocalypse Edition for 399€ ouch!

DhtRUh9VMAA6ItC.jpg

Upon looking at the contents of the box, and considering the Death statue (sold separately currently on the THQ store) is sold for 79.99€, that means 4 statues would cost 320€. Add the game + downloadable content included + steelbook (game costs 59.99€, DLC adds to that) and you're around 380-390€ already, but you still have the wall scroll, necklace replica, artbook, and soundtrack included. And the shipping cost is included in the 399€, considering the box is nearly 4 feet long that's something to consider.

Just pre-ordered the Apocalypse Edition for 399€ ouch!

View attachment 417032

Upon looking at the contents of the box, and considering the Death statue (sold separately currently on the THQ store) is sold for 79.99€, that means 4 statues would cost 320€. Add the game + downloadable content included + steelbook (game costs 59.99€, DLC adds to that) and you're around 380-390€ already, but you still have the wall scroll, necklace replica, artbook, and soundtrack included. And the shipping cost is included in the 399€, considering the box is nearly 4 feet long that's something to consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stwvluqgobE

The death statue was made and sold over 2 years ago and now i suppose they are re-packing that statue with this set.

Not sure about this. All of the trailers make it look sort of "boring".

I really enjoyed the first one when it came out, then tried playing the second years after its release and just couldn't get into it for whatever reason.

Not sure about this. All of the trailers make it look sort of "boring".

I really enjoyed the first one when it came out, then tried playing the second years after its release and just couldn't get into it for whatever reason.

I too really enjoyed Darksiders, and was disappointed by Darksiders II. I cannot say it was objectively bad, but I didn't care for the Diablo-type loot system and I thought the middle of the story dragged way too much. That said, the -trailers- for III look like the game has more God of War style combat like the first game, and doesn't show any of the heavier RPG mechanics from the second one so maybe they went back to the old formula that was working fine. I think there is also in the trailer an indication that Fury gets different powers depending on the color of her hair / flames, wait and see.

That said, I'm still totally in love with the art design of this franchise, and I've always enjoyed Heaven vs Hell settings so this is starting good so far for me.

Back