How much do companies really influence each other?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverYoung

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've started taking note of the team of artists specifically when I like a piece being produced and following them a bit. I can imagine working as a team, they influence each other internally at Sideshow. But how much influence comes from the competition? Does a company up their game in innovation, change styles, or try to take more chances based on what they see the competition doing? For example, I love a lot of Sideshow stuff. I'm proud to say I have great pieces from them. I see other companies like XM or Iron Studies where they have different product that seems more dynamic, or they offer different size options. Each company does seem to cater to a certain size area for sure, but what about style? Decisions on materials, or even something such as character choice on what to release and when? Does Sideshow see that and say "I like what they did there, let's try that on this" sort of thing?

It seems to go without saying that good business means keeping an eye on what competition for market share may be doing, but I'd be interested to know just how much they influence each other in creativity and style. A lot? Not much and you're just doing your own thing? Thanks for taking the time to share. :)

Back