Official Sideshow Podcasts Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tonight's podcast was particularly good (and long) and I noticed there really isn't a Podcast thread to discuss just the podcasts themselves.

Highlights
- Craig Bond in the works
- CIV Exclusive pics
- many fan questions answered
- me being mentioned in "Customer Service News" plus winning a Jason figure :D

Now I don't know if this was even mentioned before, but I feel dumb not knowing it, but I didn't know Dusty was the one who also did the podcasts. I know she works on the newsletter, but didn't know about the podcasts too. So thanks Dusty for ALL of the work you do :D :rock

PS Dave/Mods I don't know if this is the forum you want this in (so please move if you wish) but I figured since the podcasts covers all topics the general forum was a good choice. :eek:

I don't know how an on-going thread on this topic will do, but I DID think that the Podcast was great; especially after the layoff.

In reality by the time most of the catalogs, DVDs/CD-Roms, and Podcasts hit the product has been announced for some time; but that's not why I love them - it's the behind the scenes features!

Most of my collection (really all but two or three pieces) are built around films, and so any information about the process of bringing these collectibles to the market is just great - very welcome from me. I love hearing from each department at SS and experiencing each artist's own input and expertise in their respective fields. The features on the 3D department are great, hearing about what it takes to get the license (tell me you didn't appreciate the Legend Darkness PF more after reading about it in-depth :clap), acquiring just the right materials, and ultimately gaining approval - or dis-approval in the case of the Craig Bond :eek: .

In fact, if there were more revelations regarding this arduous process I believe that the wait for more LOTR products wouldn't seem so difficult. It would feel as if we had all traveled down the road (and back again) together, instead of being completely in the dark about most things.

Yay, thanks for starting this thread - it will be very helpful in determining our direction with podcasts (if people bother to reply, that is :D) So, let your opinions/ideas/suggestions about the 'cast flow... :duff

Rocky Bust:

rocky.jpg

and Congratz Dusty on meeting Gollem :)

andyserkis.jpg

man that rocky bust looks awesome and the belt base is genius!

Thanks TOE, he's a really great guy - really awesome to the fans and willing to share a lot of himself and his time. He was happy to be able to share some of it with the Sideshow collectors too :)

I always enjoy listening to the podcasts (even for the stuff I don't collect) and the "Tom Rule" mention about not being able to send out specific #'s for limited figs was awsome :lol.

My only complaint is that they don't seem to be loading through iTunes anymore (at least not for me) its much easier than downloading it seperate.

madden821 said:
I always enjoy listening to the podcasts (even for the stuff I don't collect) and the "Tom Rule" mention about not being able to send out specific #'s for limited figs was awsome :lol.

My only complaint is that they don't seem to be loading through iTunes anymore (at least not for me) its much easier than downloading it seperate.

Yeah, that don't seem to come through iTunes for me either, and I've heard others mention this. Any idea what's going on Dusty?

I don't get to listen to the podcasts as often as they come out, but I always enjoy them when I do get a chance to listen. They're always lots of fun! :monkey1

Darklord Dave said:
It's on itunes now - it must just be delayed.

Ok, last night neither the Feb 22nd or the new one would download automatically, but I just tried, and both came through. I guess it's fixed now.

There's so much more in this podcast - better pics of preview items, and info that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

I like the structure of Dusty interviewing different team members who talk about a single specific product. I hope they can keep that up.

One thing - the preview for the S3 black Spidey bust is labeled Black spider-man RAH, which could be confusing.

And it's worth it just hear Dusty say "Butt munch".:rotfl

Last edited:
OK, looks like I'm definitely going to have to listen to this latest podcast. Sounds like a good one! :monkey1

And that "Yoda" picture is just so wrong!

What Did You Think of the New Podcast?

I just listened to the new podcast and was surprised that there was a change in format (sort of). It was kind of hard to get used to the radio-show style approach, but in the end I liked it. I miss hearing the sideshow chicks' voices tho'.

What did y'all think?

Re: What Did You Think of the New Podcast?

I did like the older style better and I really liked getting a new one every other week but I will just suck it up. In the newsletter they didn't even mention anything on LOTR though AT ALL!

Back