Independence Day ID4 1/3 Alien colonist - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
I figured a separate thread for this unarmed version might be wise to stop confusion in the thread for the armed soldier version (Here - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ndependence-day-resurgence-alien-soldier.html)

“I saw... its thoughts. I saw what they're planning to do. They're like locusts. They're moving from planet to planet... their whole civilization. After they've consumed every natural resource they move on... and we're next. - Thomas Whitmore”

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present PMIDR-02 Alien Colonist from the Independence Day: Resurgence. The Alien Colonist also call Harvester soldiers are a planetary alien race of highly-intelligent and technologically-advanced extraterrestrial beings. The species is a hive-mind race with a threat of universal proportions that seeks to harvest molten cores from planets to further their fuel and technology at the expanse of driving other races to extinction.

Statue Features:
- Size approximately 29 inches tall [H:74.1cm, W:61.4cm, D:58.94cm]
- Limited quantity worldwide
- Seven (7) bendable frenzied tentacles
- High-Quality translucent resin for a lifelike alien skin effect

Retail Price: $999 US

Edition Size: 350"

cu8B7B6.jpg

csD8flk.jpg

UdzUSJL.jpg

8FOYuhg.jpg

0V33oJS.jpg

yLnkiZw.jpg

4SJ4Uxr.jpg

GFpJ2SQ.jpg

mABu6pk.jpg

HZvNgiE.jpg

Always wanted this. Just wished they had gone with the design in the first film instead. Really hate those giant legs.

!ASda.jpg

Yeah, I hear you. I wish this was the original design also, but I suspect this is the closest we'll ever see in the high end collectible hobby.

The details are up, I imagine this will show up on Sideshows site later. Happy to see it is cheaper than the Soldier variant. Very tempted. I'll add more pictures to the opening post.

“I saw... its thoughts. I saw what they're planning to do. They're like locusts. They're moving from planet to planet... their whole civilization. After they've consumed every natural resource they move on... and we're next. - Thomas Whitmore”

Prime 1 Studio is proud to present PMIDR-02 Alien Colonist from the Independence Day: Resurgence. The Alien Colonist also call Harvester soldiers are a planetary alien race of highly-intelligent and technologically-advanced extraterrestrial beings. The species is a hive-mind race with a threat of universal proportions that seeks to harvest molten cores from planets to further their fuel and technology at the expanse of driving other races to extinction.

Statue Features:
- Size approximately 29 inches tall [H:74.1cm, W:61.4cm, D:58.94cm]
- Limited quantity worldwide
- Seven (7) bendable frenzied tentacles
- High-Quality translucent resin for a lifelike alien skin effect

Retail Price: $999 US

Edition Size: 350"

Something just occurred to me, I have the bust on order with only one payment left. This is only $300 more which wouldn't break the bank. I really like the bust and I'm excited for it. But! Do I prefer this enough to cancel the bust and order this full statue instead? Choices choices....

It's only Prime 1's awesome future projects that are stopping me buying both ID4 items.

Tough one..

mABu6pk.jpg

See, I'm a big fan, I always preferred their unsuited look, but I do often prefer a full statue... I'll ponder it, I have time.

Unless you have a need to be "up close and personnel" I'd say 1/3 maquette.

I'm in no rush to decide, the bust has been delayed for another month anyway so I'll ponder it.

I just figured out the height difference between the two maquettes. The soldier has an extra segment in its legs, I never even noticed until now.

I made a few comparison pictures, the first one should display the size difference as best as possible with the available images. The soldier is surprisingly larger. One thing is certain, base aside this is a totally different sculpt. There are way more differences between the Colonist and Soldier than I had realised. Everything from the head, to the entirely different leg construction (the soldier has an extra segment and a pretty cool reversed element) I think I'd go for the colonist simply as it is more inline with the original ID4 versions (and more affordable) but I really like both. If I win the lottery, I'll get them both ;)

Size difference
Xuuv8Pc.png

lVzRxB4.png

G12GmAB.png

BrfPr4C.png

I'm talking to myself now haha, and I don't even care. This thing may be niche, but it is too cool for me to miss out on. I think I'm going to begrudgingly sell a few statues to get this. I'm thinking it'll have to be my Boba Fett exclusive PF (ESB "surfing" version) and Vader mythos. I love that Vader statue but this ID4 statue will definitely fit in with my collection more. It's either sell those or cancel the Prime 1 ID4 bust and I 'd much rather keep that also to have a really cool little ID4 themed corner in my display room....

I'm talking to myself now haha, and I don't even care. This thing may be niche, but it is too cool for me to miss out on. I think I'm going to begrudgingly sell a few statues to get this. I'm thinking it'll have to be my Boba Fett exclusive PF (ESB "surfing" version) and Vader mythos. I love that Vader statue but this ID4 statue will definitely fit in with my collection more. It's either sell those or cancel the Prime 1 ID4 bust and I 'd much rather keep that also to have a really cool little ID4 themed corner in my display room....

Good plan. Definitely picking one up as well. I remember having the action figures about 20 years ago - the ones that open up revealing an alien inside. This is kind of a dream come true. Also glad it doesn't have "resurgence" anywhere on its base. Absolutely hated that pos.

Good plan. Definitely picking one up as well. I remember having the action figures about 20 years ago - the ones that open up revealing an alien inside. This is kind of a dream come true. Also glad it doesn't have "resurgence" anywhere on its base. Absolutely hated that pos.

Yeah, I had them, they randomly came with a floppy disk :lol Man I feel old now. I'm with you though, as much as money is tight currently, and I really should be saving for their 1/3 Big chap, I never thought we'd see the day something like this was made. I have to get one so I'll sacrifice a few other statues. Which version are you going for? I'm 95% certain that if I do get one, it'll be the colonist, but the Soldier has grown on me. And I agree on the branding, I really like the base on these actually, they did a great job of theming it like their tech while keeping if fairly simple and aesthetically pleasing. Looks fairly large also.

Any body else actually considering buying one of these? I know they aren't xeno popular, but they are a cool looking design from one of the biggest movies ever made. I thought there would be more than two of us lol.

Yeah, I had them, they randomly came with a floppy disk :lol Man I feel old now. I'm with you though, as much as money is tight currently, and I really should be saving for their 1/3 Big chap, I never thought we'd see the day something like this was made. I have to get one so I'll sacrifice a few other statues. Which version are you going for? I'm 95% certain that if I do get one, it'll be the colonist, but the Soldier has grown on me. And I agree on the branding, I really like the base on these actually, they did a great job of theming it like their tech while keeping if fairly simple and aesthetically pleasing. Looks fairly large also.

Any body else actually considering buying one of these? I know they aren't xeno popular, but they are a cool looking design from one of the biggest movies ever made. I thought there would be more than two of us lol.

I'm definitely going with the colonist. The soldier looks cool and all but I want something as close to the original design as possible. Also want to forget resurgence ever happened.

I'm in the same boat as you financially. The coolprops 1/3 dog alien was phenomenal and if they keep that accuracy up with the rest of their Aliens and pred maquettes then I'm in big trouble.

I'm definitely going with the colonist. The soldier looks cool and all but I want something as close to the original design as possible. Also want to forget resurgence ever happened.

I'm in the same boat as you financially. The coolprops 1/3 dog alien was phenomenal and if they keep that accuracy up with the rest of their Aliens and pred maquettes then I'm in big trouble.

Yeah, I'm going with the colonist, mainly for the same reason. I actually think the soldier is a really cool design, if I had the money, I'd buy both of them, but I don't. I'm going to sell a few bits and order it next month when I'm in my new place, I'm hoping the soldier version will give me a good idea of what kind of shipping costs to expect on this. The base on this has a huge footprint and looks heavy which might make shipping painful. But it will also be a positive when it arrives no doubt. The more I look at the base on this, the more I like it, same goes for the whole thing.

As for the Prime 1/Coolprops Alien & Predators... We're in so much trouble :lol I just hope they space them out a bit and try to keep the prices under control as I'm fairly sure I'll want them all. That Dog already looked great, after Prime 1 completely re-do it with their talent, it will be staggering I'm sure. I just can't wait for the Big Chap...

Back