New to collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yahiko65

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey guys. Very new to collecting. Few questions... Where's the best place to acquire used statues? Seems like eBay is pretty overpriced. I can't post anywhere in the forums. And when I message people they say they don't want to deal with noobs :( anyways I mostly collect statues. I currently own a SS GLADIATOR HULK, SS PF RED HULK, SS PF CAPTAIN AMERICA, SS PF RED SKULL, SS CAMBELL SPIDER-MAN, DIAMOND SELECT THE THING, SS 1:1 WAR MACHINE BUST, AND VARIOUS OTHER BUSTS AND GAMING STATUES.

Hi Yahiko65. I don't know if I will answer this properly but here it goes. I am not necessarily new but am a returning member from a while back so I would run into the same problems you are having with working deals with forum members. If you are looking for used/older statues obviously, fan forum sites are great, but as you noted a lot of people will not deal with folks who they don't know or who do not have feedback. Sometimes if you offer to send money first that will help convince some people to work with you. Otherwise if you try to become more active especially in threads that are of interest to you, then you might stumble across some people who will give you the benefit of the doubt and will work out a deal. Other than that, trying to hit up conventions both big and small, in your area and nationally are great ways to find older/used statues. I do not know if any of that helped but good luck on acquiring the items you are looking for.

:welcome1: Generally, you can find deals on eBay if you're patient. There are always some auctions that are set up as Buy It Now for ridiculous prices, but they are always there and never sell. If you watch and see one that's been on for weeks or months, send them a message with an offer and see if they take it. Worst they can do is say no. This forum and Facebook collector groups are other options, but you may have trouble dealing with anyone until you establish yourself.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Yahiko!
wavesmile.gif

Welcome to the boards! Like Zod said, there are lots of nice deals that pop up every now and then on ebay, just have to be patient. Depending on what you like you can always google and search through the images. Sometimes you'll find a bargain. I once found a figure that I was looking for, WELL below the value (like 200$ for a 600$ piece) and it was still packaged and sealed.

Back