Who could play Captain America in a Live Action Movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonloop

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this one for ages, You could name any marvel character and I could think of at least one actor that would be a possible choice for playing that character. But Captain America has always been a difficult choice, I have never seen the right actor that could portray Captain America. But recently I thought about Gerard Butler (aka King Leonidas in 300), Picture him with blonde hair and buff, I think he would make a pretty darn good Captain America. Take into account that Capt would have to look like a bad ass, he'd have to look confident, not to young, but not too old (or so thats what I think). Here is a reference pic of butler without his huge beard from 300, I think he could be Capt.

1346.jpg

But what do you guys think, who would you choose as Captain America in a live action movie?

The ill Jedi said:
I think Karl Urban (Eoemer from LotR) would be a good choice.

karl_urban2_1125481964.jpg

I was actually thinking of Urban before I wrote Depp...

dekadentdave said:
Captain America? Heard you were dead? Sounds like a job for Kurt Russell...

Usposter.jpg

Hahah the movie would be titled Captain America Back from the dead, since Kurt is getting some mad wrinkles in his face from age

Butler could be a good cap. But, if an Englishman is going to play Captain America, then I want an American to play Bond someday. :cool:

If he would bulk up a little I could see Michael Vartan pulling off a believable Steve Rogers.

Any jock who can act could be Capt. Tom Welling, Jensen Eckles, Jared Padelecki...

...okay, any jock on the CW...

Maybe Neal McDonough? He certainly looks like Steve, and he has acted pretty good in a WWll situation(Band of Brothers).

A Brit?? Absolutely NOT!!!
Maybe..Reb Brown. No, no not him. Matt Salinger? No, not him either. Hmmmm, Jensen Eckles wouldn't be that bad a choice. How about "Sawyer" from Lost? hmmm, indeed.

Jensen Eckles would be an interesting choice....it'd finally be a superhero role for him (he tried out for Clark on Smallville but obviously lost the role)

Customikey said:
I'd want an unknown for Cap.

Gary Oldman as the Red Skull!!!!
I'm with you 100% on both!

Like Superman, it should be an unknown, Cap is the Superman of Marvel. We need someone with no baggage. No connection to anything we know of. And Oldman would be PERFECT for Redskull!

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Maybe Neal McDonough? He certainly looks like Steve, and he has acted pretty good in a WWll situation(Band of Brothers).
YEAH!! I totally agree, he does have that Steve Rogers(esque) look and feel to him doesn't he!? He's need to bulk up a little, but I think he'd make a near perfect choice.

neal4.jpg

Back