Signed toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith99

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I have quite a lot of signed stuff, a Hot toys T1 box signed by Michael Biehn, Some Freddy stuff, Bruce Campbell now my question is Christopher Lloyd from back to the future will be appearing at a convention in June and I am very tempted to grab the Hot Toys Delorean and get him to sign it. Now I am thinking of either leaving it in the box and never opening it and getting him to write Great scott and his autograph on the box, or getting him to write the same thing on the bonnet on the car. I don't buy to sale them on for profit, I just love collecting.
Just wanted advice on best option [ IMG_0190.jpgIMG_0191.jpgIMG_0192.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 174
I can't read Michael Biehn's writing. Guess I can add that to the list of funny celebrity handwriting. While I don't have any autographed toys, I have a few autographed items including Jackie Chan but that's a given considering I did him a huge favor of providing him free labor. (Translated 3 DVD's worth of translation for the initial DVD release of The Myth).
92bde7d9832003d92fea785e0d77317b.jpg

And I think I had a Pacific Rim comic book signed by Ron Perlman somewhere. I worked on set for this movie and honestly tell you I never recall seeing him on set. He's a grumpy one.

Sent from my LG-V497 using Tapatalk

I can't read Michael Biehn's writing. Guess I can add that to the list of funny celebrity handwriting. While I don't have any autographed toys, I have a few autographed items including Jackie Chan but that's a given considering I did him a huge favor of providing him free labor. (Translated 3 DVD's worth of translation for the initial DVD release of The Myth).

And I think I had a Pacific Rim comic book signed by Ron Perlman somewhere. I worked on set for this movie and honestly tell you I never recall seeing him on set. He's a grumpy one.

Biehn wrote come with me if you want to live, he also signed my Neca Hicks figure and wrote Eat this. He was a nice bloke.

Biehn wrote come with me if you want to live, he also signed my Neca Hicks figure and wrote Eat this. He was a nice bloke.
I saw him in person at Toronto Comicon but didn't line up to get his autograph. I had so many chances to get Guillermo del Toro's autograph but thought it'd be rude and imposing if I asked. He invited me to come chill with him at Pinewood and even told me to hang out with him the very next day. Great guy. Too many fat jokes from him though. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Have Christopher Lloyd sign the Delorean box...but PLEASE do not have him sign the car itself...resale is obviously not a consideration but the piece is a nice little work of art in and of itself and deserves to remain pristine...my humble opinion only of course!

Have Christopher Lloyd sign the Delorean box...but PLEASE do not have him sign the car itself...resale is obviously not a consideration but the piece is a nice little work of art in and of itself and deserves to remain pristine...my humble opinion only of course!
Thank you, that is what I wanted to do, box it is.

Or diorama piece...if that is provided...

I'd almost think a smaller one like the various 1:18 versions might look better. I haven't seen the box for the HT DeLorean, but it'd be massive and you probably can't see the car if it's unopened.

dude, i though you were talking about signature on the toys, you should change the title to signed toy boxes instead.

since it's just the box, unless it's carded type where you can't remove the toys without damaging the packaging, i don't see why you can't take the toys out.

if you really want it to bear some meaning, have it signed, ON THE TOY, not the box.

would be cool to have it signed on the bonnet of the delorean.

usually they sign it behind the legs of action figures. or if the toy is wearing a shirt (plastic toy), on the shirt instead.

if you really appreciate the artist, i don't see why it's an issue signing it on the car. unless his signature is really bad.

just pick a good marker like Gold Marker should look great on silver cars compared to Black or Red.

wow, did he personally deal with you or his agents. impressive if he just came to you requesting a translation.

wow, did he personally deal with you or his agents. impressive if he just came to you requesting a translation.
The guy from Joy Sales (the video distributors for this movie) was asking for suggestions on a Hong Kong based DVD message forum to make sure this DVD gets packed with what consumers want so I offered to translate all the commentary and special features for free if Jackie Chan personally greenlit my offer. And also, I had already seen the movie at the world premiere in Toronto during TIFF that year so I had no problems with spoilers at that point. I was also very drunk at the premiere screening. Tripped and fell down the steps at the Roy Thompson Hall upon exiting the screening where Jackie saw me PK at the lobby. Fun times, lol!

I have both McFarlane Headless Horseman figures from Sleepy Hollow signed by Tim Burton. Won them on the old Spawn website back in the day. A very cool prize.

I much prefer to have a signed box, unless it's some massive toy, who can really fit any recognizable signature on one?

Anyway, the only signed things I have is I saw the 3 actors who portrayed Godzilla over the years to sign SH Monsterarts boxes. Signing an actual Godzilla toy would be a chore for anyone, but Nakajima is almost 90! I saw him at two shows and got him to sign two different ones. I do have to say Japanese guys give you their money's worth in a signature; not like I can read it exactly but it's not a scribble at all. It's like 3x3" large or so if I remember right.

Back