Who is Hot Toys Founder Howard Chan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
From Sleeping on a Factory Floor, To Owning a Tiny Figure Shop in Hong Kong and Risking His Life Savings. This is Journey of How Howard Chan Created a Toy Empire and Remained a True Collector While Doing It. Oh and Maybe Hot Toys Wasn't the First Name He Had in Mind for The Company. I Hope when you have a moment you will check out our article About Hot Toys Founder Howard Chan

Who_Is_Hot_Toys_Founder_Howard_Chan-5.JPG.jpg
[/url]​

giphy.gif

The article didn't say anything about him currently ******** on the Terminator, Alien, and Predator licenses that boosted the company in the early days.

I thought that Hot Toys made the DX07 somewhere around 2012 before they acquired the Star Wars License...If memory serves Sideshow had it at the time and Hot Toys partnered with them to share the license for a one time release...then in 2014 Hot Toys acquired the Asian license that Medicom had and started releasing the ANH line...the article suggests that DX07 was released years later under different circumstances which I think may be inaccurate...sorry for the unsolicited editorial two cents...

Interesting article, even if some parts of it aren't chronologically accurate. :)

That One Sixth Society banner is giving me a seizure though. :monkey4

Thanks for posting this article. I respect Mr. Chan for realizing his dream of creating amazing collectibles, and allowing me to be able to have the action figures I always wanted. Sure some of the licenses have languished on the shelf, but can you really fault A businessman for doing this- just good business. Other companies are making strides in 1:6 and I believe this wil just push Howard and the quality higher. This will be a win win for collectors.

Back