Sideshow Statue Collection Room Tour - Marvel / DC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyber Warrior

Super Freak
Reaction score
Two years of collecting, ...all out of space so now time to sit back and enjoy. I'm happy with my current setup but I'll miss the excitement of buying new statues.. maybe one day if I have a bigger display room.

My display is an entertainment center and work desk. The two black displays on each end of the TV (Captain Marvel/Supergirl) are custom and were hand built by myself. LED lighting using light strips also customized.

It's been a fun journey! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/yukUkSfAKI8

Good video man, how did you 'hide' the (ikea?) lights behind the statues?

Good video man, how did you 'hide' the (ikea?) lights behind the statues?

Thanks. I'm using LED strip lights.. I have it running up on one side on the entertainment center end cabinets (Spider-man/IronMan/Hulk/Wolverine). The two black end displays which I built I have the light coming from above. And on top of the entertainment center I have the lights shining upwards (Joker/HQ/Batgirl/Gamora/Deadpool).

My work desk (Batman/Wonder woman) I have the lights hidden behind the computer and under Batman. I'm using LED aluminum channels to hold each strip of light.

This is a temporary setup as I hope to have maybe Besta displays or something custom built in the future when I move but one thing I've learned is the light actually looks best shining from the side of a cabinet (for example, where Spider-man/IronMan/Hulk/Wolverine are located) ..It gives you more coverage on the statue and creates some really cool shadowing. So in the future if I upgrade to Besta or whatever I think I'll have all my lighting running up either one side or both sides of the display/cube.

The only issue with these strip lights is I notice when running wire to each section of light strip it's best to solder the connection otherwise you'll get some flickering every once in a while. Amazon/eBay sells these easy connectors for attaching each section but the connection isn't the most stable, best to solder it which I ended up having to go back and do. It's a lot more work then just buying one of these Ikea lights and placing it above each statue but the LED strip lights give you more options and customization on how you have your statues lit up.

IMG_20170429_092855.jpgIMG_20170429_092959.jpgIMG_20170429_093032.jpgIMG_20170429_093138.jpgIMG_20170429_093354.jpg

Back