1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
I let out a yelp like a little girl when I saw this teaser....

It's like a large scale Sano, I'm putting all purchases on hold as I need this!

EDIT: So this is a coolprops only product, no prime 1 involvement with this one. Here are some pictures from SDCC courtesy of THX. Comparisons to the real suit beneath, this thing is really good!

tX8PMIe.jpg

bQTWIDg.jpg

8A3fjgc.jpg

lQQBh0o.jpg

GGDqHQR.jpg

Zsd9L6W.jpg

aVeIk9u.jpg

JwlWQ6V.jpg

7ddIRwl.jpg

C9iHbqc.png

W1XBTCl.png

Re: Prime 1 & Coolprops 1/3 Alien Big chap maquette

Same here, looks like it could be a larger and cheaper Sano-like piece... Love the static museum style pose. Question: could these 1:3 maquettes run over 1,5k?

Same here, looks like it could be a larger and cheaper Sano-like piece... Love the static museum style pose. Question: could these 1:3 maquettes run over 1,5k?

It is literally a museum pose, the Giger museum. I wouldn't even want to guess a price on this, but I sure do hope I can afford it.

3k hahaha

My guess would be $2500 or less. 3K or more once shipping is added!

I'd probably try and push up to 2k for this one, but any more would be a real struggle given the added cost us international folks face. But I'd love to be surprised by the price, even if is at the expense of Prime 1's usual low ES. If the prices are lower than expected, I'd try and get at least the main three.

Considering the current price for a Sano and this size, definitely need to start saving. I was going to get the 1:1 big chap head with the hopes of Prime 1 doing QC but may need to hold off for this.

Considering the current price for a Sano and this size, definitely need to start saving. I was going to get the 1:1 big chap head with the hopes of Prime 1 doing QC but may need to hold off for this.

Snap... And snap. I'm even considering selling a few old items I never thought I'd let go of, that's how happy I am about this.

I think it was confirmed over in that Prime 1 group that the 1:1 head is all on coolprops, P1 won't be producing them which really is a shame.

Snap... And snap. I'm even considering selling a few old items I never thought I'd let go of, that's how happy I am about this.

I think it was confirmed over in that Prime 1 group that the 1:1 head is all on coolprops, P1 won't be producing them which really is a shame.

That's unfortunate. With how the production turned out on the Warriors I can only imagine. Hopefully they learned.

As nice as the 1:1 Coolprops Big Chap head is, I much prefer a 1:3 whole body version.

This should be interesting up until they announce the price. :lol

Yeah, we know they will nail these, the price will be the deal maker... Or breaker.

That's unfortunate. With how the production turned out on the Warriors I can only imagine. Hopefully they learned.

Maybe P1 will offer their services and things may change. I really hope so, imagine that 1:1 head and this 1/3 Maquette next to each other! :monkey5

Can someone please educate me regarding PRIME 1.
As i collect only alien stuff, i'm not familiar with P1, are they the Dogs Boll**ks when it comes to quality?

This has been a good ALIEN DAY for coming items!

ALIEN

Can someone please educate me regarding PRIME 1.
As i collect only alien stuff, i'm not familiar with P1, are they the Dogs Boll**ks when it comes to quality?

This has been a good ALIEN DAY for coming items!

ALIEN

They have their own factories and have top notch QC. Their production pieces often exceed their prototypes. They are very open to fan feedback and have made changes because of it. They are a bit pricey in some areas especially when you compare their 1/4 scale to SS but pretty damn good quality. I recommend taking a look at their Transformers and batman line.

Lots of :drool here. I want this and the 1:1!

My guess would be $2500 or less. 3K or more once shipping is added!

what are you smoking? This wont be any bigger, nor detailed than their killer Croc and that was $1400. These shouldn't be anymore than $1500-2k. The more detailed Preds will more than likely be at the high end of the range. Considering they will make these by the thousands, it will keep prices down. ECC prices are so high cause they only make 200-300 of each piece.

what are you smoking? This wont be any bigger, nor detailed than their killer Croc and that was $1400. These shouldn't be anymore than $1500-2k. The more detailed Preds will more than likely be at the high end of the range. Considering they will make these by the thousands, it will keep prices down. ECC prices are so high cause they only make 200-300 of each piece.

Would the fact that they're collaborating with another company make a difference in price? Where does CP's bottom line come from?

Would the fact that they're collaborating with another company make a difference in price? Where does CP's bottom line come from?

I think the licensing cost will be more of a factor on the price. These will be massive if they are a true 1/3 scale.

a 1:3 Alien isn't all that detailed or complex in comparison to pieces they have already done. They wouldn't have any switch out options either more than likely. The license will be a factor, but I don't think that's why SS charges what they do.

a 1:3 Alien isn't all that detailed or complex in comparison to pieces they have already done. They wouldn't have any switch out options either more than likely. The license will be a factor, but I don't think that's why SS charges what they do.

The Dog Alien will already have two heads, no? And Prime 1 usually includes a few switch-out options. I'd assume at least a head or something with a few of these.

And didn't Cinemaquette ask upwards of $2K for their Alien? I hope that's not the case here ($1500 or less -- and by all means, please be less -- would be ideal for these), but who knows? Plus CoolProps usually charge up the arse for their stuff.

I just don't want to expect a low price and be surprised when reality sets in. Prepping for the worst, both mentally and financially.

The CM Alien retailed for $1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back