Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 608
  1. #11
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,020
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation

    Default Re: Prime 1 & Coolprops 1/3 Alien Big chap maquette

    Yeah, we know they will nail these, the price will be the deal maker... Or breaker.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Hero View Post
    That's unfortunate. With how the production turned out on the Warriors I can only imagine. Hopefully they learned.


    Maybe P1 will offer their services and things may change. I really hope so, imagine that 1:1 head and this 1/3 Maquette next to each other!

  2. #12
    Can someone please educate me regarding PRIME 1.
    As i collect only alien stuff, i'm not familiar with P1, are they the Dogs Boll**ks when it comes to quality?

    This has been a good ALIEN DAY for coming items!

    ALIEN

  3. #13
    Freaked Out!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    999
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN. View Post
    Can someone please educate me regarding PRIME 1.
    As i collect only alien stuff, i'm not familiar with P1, are they the Dogs Boll**ks when it comes to quality?

    This has been a good ALIEN DAY for coming items!

    ALIEN
    They have their own factories and have top notch QC. Their production pieces often exceed their prototypes. They are very open to fan feedback and have made changes because of it. They are a bit pricey in some areas especially when you compare their 1/4 scale to SS but pretty damn good quality. I recommend taking a look at their Transformers and batman line.
    "I feel like I could touch the heavens......and sock angels." - Jake

  4. #14
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,939
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Reputation
    Visit Patriot666's Instagram Channel
    Lots of here. I want this and the 1:1!

  5. #15
    It's so fluffy!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sac Town
    Posts
    15,857
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Reputation
    Visit azurepred's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    My guess would be $2500 or less. 3K or more once shipping is added!
    what are you smoking? This wont be any bigger, nor detailed than their killer Croc and that was $1400. These shouldn't be anymore than $1500-2k. The more detailed Preds will more than likely be at the high end of the range. Considering they will make these by the thousands, it will keep prices down. ECC prices are so high cause they only make 200-300 of each piece.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
    what are you smoking? This wont be any bigger, nor detailed than their killer Croc and that was $1400. These shouldn't be anymore than $1500-2k. The more detailed Preds will more than likely be at the high end of the range. Considering they will make these by the thousands, it will keep prices down. ECC prices are so high cause they only make 200-300 of each piece.
    Would the fact that they're collaborating with another company make a difference in price? Where does CP's bottom line come from?

  7. #17
    Freaked Out!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    999
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
    Would the fact that they're collaborating with another company make a difference in price? Where does CP's bottom line come from?
    I think the licensing cost will be more of a factor on the price. These will be massive if they are a true 1/3 scale.
    "I feel like I could touch the heavens......and sock angels." - Jake

  8. #18
    It's so fluffy!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sac Town
    Posts
    15,857
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Reputation
    Visit azurepred's Instagram Channel
    a 1:3 Alien isn't all that detailed or complex in comparison to pieces they have already done. They wouldn't have any switch out options either more than likely. The license will be a factor, but I don't think that's why SS charges what they do.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
    a 1:3 Alien isn't all that detailed or complex in comparison to pieces they have already done. They wouldn't have any switch out options either more than likely. The license will be a factor, but I don't think that's why SS charges what they do.
    The Dog Alien will already have two heads, no? And Prime 1 usually includes a few switch-out options. I'd assume at least a head or something with a few of these.

    And didn't Cinemaquette ask upwards of $2K for their Alien? I hope that's not the case here ($1500 or less -- and by all means, please be less -- would be ideal for these), but who knows? Plus CoolProps usually charge up the arse for their stuff.

    I just don't want to expect a low price and be surprised when reality sets in. Prepping for the worst, both mentally and financially.

  10. #20
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    7,939
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Reputation
    Visit Patriot666's Instagram Channel
    The CM Alien retailed for $1500.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Alien "Big Chap" Maquette - Official thread (continued)
    By Darklord Dave in forum Aliens & Robots-Statues, props, kits, etc.
    Replies: 1671
    Last Post: 02-07-2018, 06:12 PM
  2. ALIEN Big Chap Maquette
    By JAWS in forum For Sale/Trade- Statues, Props, etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 06:57 AM
  3. FS: Sideshow Alien Big Chap Maquette
    By Damomoly in forum For Sale/Trade- Statues, Props, etc.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
  4. Alien Big Chap Maquette and T1 T800 PF
    By Damomoly in forum Items for auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 03:11 PM
  5. Should I preorder Alien Big Chap Maquette??
    By blacklizard in forum Aliens & Robots-Statues, props, kits, etc.
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •