Blitzway vs Soldier Story Toys Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfraMan

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The Release for Blitzway's GhostBusters are right Around The Corner (Hopefully) - Here is a Fantastic Article that Compares Blitzways GhostBuster Figures to Soldier Story's GhostBusters Figures. Check it Out when You have a Moment!

soldier-story-ghostbusters-vs-blitzway-ghostbust.png

That article doesn't go into too much detail, though these things were discussed here previously. The only clear advantages I see for Soldier Story now are the boots, and Egon having a more appropriate expression (for some, the extra suits may be appealing, but I'm not a big fan of the execution there). But Blitz's likenesses are better, you get the full set right out the gate, and Slimer is included.

I prefer the Soldier Story versions. As has been mentioned the Blitzway sculpts look a bit too serious and takes the fun out of the Ghostbusters imo which is still a comedy after all. They almost look like they don't belong to Ghostbusters but a more angry futuristic version of the film :lol

No regret in going with the Blitzway set on my part. Point taken about the overly serious expressions, being a comedy and all, but the detail on them still blows me away. Can't wait to get them in hand!

Blitzway.

BW's Venkman blows SS's away, no contest in my opinion, but the one that can go either way is Egon. I like the expression of the SS sculpt better and the shape of it I feel is a bit more accurate, but the BW one has better paint apps while still bearing a passable likeness. The SS sculpt has more of an expression suitable for him using the PKE while the expression on the BW seems like it might be more suitable for using his PP. The die-cast parts on the packs of the SS ones are pretty cool also; however, I give the overall nod to BW. Better uniforms and belts also I think.

Might be kind of cool to have a mixture of both though, such as a BW Venkman and SS Egon, if you're not a stickler for everything on the uniform having to be EXACTLY the same that is.

Blitzway in a landslide! Blitzway has K.A. Kim sculpting their set...in fairness they won this contest the instant they got her to sign on the dotted line! I agree that the SS Egon has a more common Egon facial expression but I still give Blitzway the win here for giving us a more unique look for Egon.

I wish Blitzway's figures didn't all look like they have stomach aches.

Venkman and Stanz by Blitzway win (despite the cramps). Soldier Story's Egon is yards better than Blitzway though.

The proton packs might be better on the soldier story figures too. We will have to wait to find out. I have the blitzway 4 pack on order but might get the deluxe egon soldier story figure if the packs are better then I can also display him in his business suit, but if their proton packs are not really any better then I might pass on that SS figure.

I like the all in one set for Blitz. I do prefer the SS Egon sculpt, but that's about it. No regrets (at this point) about going the Blitz route.

Ya the egon SS sculpt on the pictures looks the be the better of the 2 but I really do not like the SS Venkman sculpt. I am keeping my blitzway 4 pack but might pick up the deluxe SS egon and display in the deluxe business suit. Venkman I will most likely not get unless they improve the sculpt.

Last edited:
Seems like most feel Egon is the biggest letdown from Blitz....

Personally aI think Winston is spot on, as is venkman....

Maybe they will adjust Egon before release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I personally think all the BW ones are spot on, except Egon. However, while not spot on, the BW Egon sculpt is still passable for 1/6. The SS sculpt I feel has a more accurate head shape and a better expression but seemingly weaker paint apps, thus making it look a bit more cheap.

The SS packs are advertised as having some die-cast components, so if they end up being a bit better than the BW ones (not sure if they're going to have some die-cast parts also or be all plastic), it'd be cool to have the BW figures and attempt to acquire some parted out SS die-cast packs.

I haven't preordered and will be picking up the excess of single packs for cheap... so I have the luxury of mixing the SS with the BW depending on which figures actually look best. I actually want at least one from SS, just for the differences.

Back