Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Default Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Quote Originally Posted by jye4ever View Post
    Is anyone a Star Trek TNG super fan here.

I?m looking for an episode where the enterprise comes swooping in from the sky over a farm on earth in a big pivotal moment during the episode but I don?t remember what that pivotal moment was lol
    I'm not a super fan, and my memory isn't as good. But I don't think the USS Enterprise D (the ship on TNJ) ever went down into the atmosphere because if I recall right, it was incapable of (only its saucer could).

You might be thinking of TOS episode Tomorrow is Yesterday:

Or Star Trek Enterprise episode Storm Front.

Is anyone a Star Trek TNG super fan here.

I?m looking for an episode where the enterprise comes swooping in from the sky over a farm on earth in a big pivotal moment during the episode but I don?t remember what that pivotal moment was lol

It was daylight and maybe the farm was in france but I could be wrong.
    That sounds exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Clown Prince of Crime View Post
    So what's popular over there? What are kids into?
    Marvel stuff (mostly the main MCU trio, IM, CA and Thor) and some DC stuff (Batman and Superman) for boys, Frozen/Tangled stuff for girls. The usual classics like hotwheels/matchbox, basket/soccer balls, bikes and toy guns (like Nerf) are still popular among boys as are dolls like Barbie or other playsets for girls.

Quote Originally Posted by e30ernest View Post
    Marvel stuff (mostly the main MCU trio, IM, CA and Thor)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clown Prince of Crime View Post
    What's really sad about that list is that there isn't a single original movie. They're all sequels, remakes, spinoffs, or IP based. 2020 is no different from the looks of it. Sad start to a new decade.
    The era of the original-story blockbuster is long gone.

IMO it shows also on toys. Kids nowadays don't know who the OT characters are. Nobody was buying any of the toys here in my country apart from the lightsabers. This year, one of our friends gave away SW action figures to the kids. None of the kids played (or even opened) them. Without nostalgia, I don't think SW as a franchise has anything to stand on right now.
    Wait a minute, where's this "new generation of fans" I kept hearing about for the past five years?

Quote Originally Posted by TaliBane View Post
    Wait a minute, where's this "new generation of fans" I kept hearing about for the past five years?
    They probably exist... Forced by their parents to like it. Like Piano Lessons.

But then how would I ever sit thru the PT ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same way you sit through the ST with rose colored Mickey Mouse glasses on

Super Freak
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    I'm not a super fan, and my memory isn't as good. But I don't think the USS Enterprise D (the ship on TNJ) ever went down into the atmosphere because if I recall right, it was incapable of (only its saucer could).

You might be thinking of TOS episode Tomorrow is Yesterday:

Or Star Trek Enterprise episode Storm Front.

Nope it was TNG

Quote Originally Posted by ironwez20 View Post
    Same way you sit through the ST with rose colored Mickey Mouse glasses on
    Fair enough but please don?t ever ask me to watch Justice League sober lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Nope it was TNG

You're not thinking of the saucer section crash from Generations?

Last edited by Prime Clone; 01-26-2020 at 06:37 AM.

IMO it shows also on toys. Kids nowadays don't know who the OT characters are. Nobody was buying any of the toys here in my country apart from the lightsabers. This year, one of our friends gave away SW action figures to the kids. None of the kids played (or even opened) them. Without nostalgia, I don't think SW as a franchise has anything to stand on right now.
    Then why can't I get a bunch of 6" ANH stormtroopers for 1-3$ each? I need some heads. So I can spike them and use with my 6" Mando figs.

And I wouldn't let a small child near my toys. Especially the Mando AT-ST since it wants to fall over.

Yeah, but it's not like being a fan of something NEW. Like listening to Favreau talk about seeing SW for the first time at 10 years old and being blown away. LOTR, SW, POTC, Jurassic Park, Transformers, even MCU and DC now - part of the culture. Stuff that was never done before has been done.

Also, thanks to the pacing of these ST films like a video game. It's hard to backtrack and think like a 10 year old, but hard to develop a relationship with characters if they are moving too fast. Or relate to the blue milk thing unless u live on a dairy farm I guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seacowicecream.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	477100