Hey Everyone!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdeelZubair

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
After several years of admiring Hot Toys products I've finally pulled the trigger and pre-ordered 'Groot Life-Size Figure', my very first Hot Toys product! Unfortunately now I'll have to wait until March 2018...

While I wait I'd like to get a few questions off my shoulders. How much can I roughly expect shipping, customs and other charges to cost when Sideshow ships to London, UK? Additionally Sideshow have taken a 'Non-Refundable Deposit' after I placed the order, does that mean they charge me the rest of the RRP when the item is shipped, in this case early 2018? How do you guys recommend displaying Hot Toys figures? In a glass cabinet or just on a shelve, anything I should avoid when displaying / cleaning them?

Adeel

Hello and welcome!

I cannot offer any insight into shipping to the UK, but I can tell you that the balance will be charged when lil'Groot ships to you.

Display options are many, according to your own tastes. I will typically just display on a shelf (I really don't have space for big figure cases).

I think your first figure is a fantastic choice, and I just preordered him yesterday. I'm looking forward to getting him in my collection.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Adeel!
wavesmile.gif

Thanks, gives me time to save up! I think I'll need to get glass doors for my Billy bookcase so I avoid cleaning the figure frequently.

Haha, thanks! I reckon it makes perfect sense to pick Groot given it's life size, not many of the other figures have caught my attention yet.

Welcome to the forums! Wish I can help on the customs question but there are plenty of knowledgeable people here so I'm sure you could find the answer. Display your collection any way you'd like, be it shelf or cabinet. Shelving accrues more dust than cabinets though, so be aware of that. For cleaning, you could always wear gloves and use a light brush, for me I just brush off the dust with a dust grabbing cloth.

Back